Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK reliability

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    This is the kind of drivel that has been discredited multiple times in the Glock problem threads (you've been here for so long that I'd imagine you've read all 100+ pages of the main one, correct?). It's not shooter induced. When an otherwise-functional pistol that was running perfectly for 3,000 rounds starts flinging 5 brass cartridges into your eyes per magazine, it's not the shooter.

I had 5 Gen 3 Glocks in a row that exhibited BTF by 3,000 rounds -- all with 30274 ejectors and stock extractors. I've shot over 30,000 rounds of pistol ammo in the last 2 years and have attended multiple classes; Glocks are the only ones doing this in that time. Other established shooters have also seen BTF and other problems with recent-production Glocks, including Grant himself, Ken Hackathorn, and Randy Lee from Apex Tactical (who personally modified and verified one of my problematic G17s and created a whole new product after extensive testing to fix this problem that he himself saw). Writing it off as limp-wristing or shooter-induced is the denialism of the last 4 years that has been proven to be nothing but fanboy-level dismissal, yet here we are dealing with the same old canards over and over.

It's Glocks. It's not the shooters. Accept it.

How bout this - you pm me an address and we'll get together, I'll do whatever you want to ensure you get your pistols back - send them to me and let me experience the goodness - because all I was saying is I've never seen it and I do spend some time on the range.

As I mentioned we shoot heavy, 147gr, duty equivalent loads, perhaps that is the reason we don't have widespread issues.

As far as fanboy, your the one that is getting shrill.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-23-14 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    How bout this - you pm me an address and we'll get together, I'll do whatever you want to ensure you get your pistols back - send them to me and let me experience the goodness - because all I was saying is I've never seen it and I do spend some time on the range.

As I mentioned we shoot heavy, 147gr, duty equivalent loads, perhaps that is the reason we don't have widespread issues.

As far as fanboy, your the one that is getting shrill.
    How about this: no. Your denial of the problem isn't my problem. There are mountains of evidence of this issue and well-established shooters (including the owner of this forum) who have experienced it and verified it. If you choose to reject all of this because you've seen limited samples that haven't shown the problem (and there are Glocks that don't; it's a dice roll if you get one), that's your prerogative and your potential future issue.

As for my stake in this, it's just trying to ward others away from the travesty that is post-2010 Glock, as I'm with Doc Glockster: I solved my Glock problems by not owning them anymore, and every person that can be sold on an HK, Beretta, CZ, or Walther is a victory for gun owners as a whole.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...87#post1952187

I can't send you the problem guns (including the one that was verified as problematic and required a fitted slide and lowered ejection port by Randy Lee -- I guess it's just a shooter problem, though, right?), but I wouldn't even if I had the chance. You've already made up your mind, obviously. Enjoy your purchases. Hopefully people who read this thread have more open minds and buy better guns.
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; 07-23-14 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

Go to Glock Talk and do a simple search and you will clearly see the "Glock Bashers" "claim" the "BTF" issue effects ALL of the small framed Glocks, not just the 9mm.

I'm stating for the record that BTF is pure Internet Bullshitte that doesn't really exist. Period.

I'm from Arkansas and Arkansas shares a border with Missouri and Missouri is the "Show Me" State so you're gonna have to show me.

If you have stated "BTF is real" find an experienced Glock shooter ( no, if you are have a BTF issue, you are NOT an experienced Glock shooter no matter what you think or claim ) and post a video of them shooting your Glock and getting BTF while they use a proper grip, stance and name brand ammo. ( Win white box, Rem, or Fed. 165gr FMJ will be acceptable. )

No video, never happened.

Pretty simple.

Someone posted about being a Glock shooter since 2001. I've been shooting Glocks since 1987 but since I'm not a 9mm fan I never bought one until they came out with the G20 and G21. I still have the G20 ( bought it in the Spring of '93 ) and the G21 was used in a SD incident and never was returned by the No. Little Rock PD. NLRPD "claimed" it was either lost or stolen from the evidence locker and I was given a voucher for the G21 stating that if it was ever found I could file a petition for its return. That was in '98 and I'm still waiting.

Paul

P.S. I'm willing to bet that the "BTF crowd" will all claim that either they no longer own the Glock are had it repaired and now it no longer "BTF".
    Last edited by Stengun; 07-23-14 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    I'm stating for the record that BTF is pure Internet Bullshitte that doesn't really exist. Period.
    I've been a Glock owner since 1992, owning several generations of Glock 17, 19, 26, and 22. True, I've never seen BTF in either of my 40's, but the nines seem to be hit or miss as to whether they sling brass right back at you. It is NOT internet BS.

My beef is that the guns seem to develop the problem even when you thought you had put enough rounds through one to determine it's GTG.

Let's see....all these people are complaining about BTF in Glocks but I never seem to read about any other pistol having the problem.

Admittedly I don't surf many forums, but there are enough handgun owners participating on this board that surely other pistols would be exhibiting the same problem if it were not specific to Glocks.

But DON'T tell me it's bullshit when I've owned some Glocks that did it and others that didn't.

Feedback Score
    Howdy Doc,

Like I posted earlier, I've dealt with "Glock Bashers" for almost 30 years and it's always one thing after another. For years it was the "KaBoom" issue. This started in the late 80's and lasted until the mid 2000s.

Then it was "If you drop your Glock it will fire all by itself." which we Glockers know is untrue and actually impossible due to the Glock design.

Next up was the "You can NOT shoot lead bullets in a Glock because they will explode on the second shot." crap. The sad/funny thing is there are people floating around the gun forums that still believe this BS.

With the "New" Gen4 came "BTF" issue.

Sure, Glock probably made a few of the first production run of Gen4s with issues but that's part of manufactoring. It's called DPMU. Defective Per Million Units. It's a manufactoring term that used by everyone.

If your acceptable DPMU is say 100, with a new product or a redesign product it would triple or quadruple, maybe even more.

No matter how tight or strict your QC/QA standards are a bad apple will always slip through the crack.

Paul

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't send you the problem guns (including the one that was verified as problematic and required a fitted slide and lowered ejection port by Randy Lee -- I guess it's just a shooter problem, though, right?), but I wouldn't even if I had the chance. You've already made up your mind, obviously. Enjoy your purchases. Hopefully people who read this thread have more open minds and buy better guns.
    You know Timmy, you assume a lot - did I post that have a bunch of Glocks or that I even shoot them? So whats this about purchases?

I have an open mind all I said was I hadn't seen the issue and I have a fairly large observed sampling.

I'm open to suggestions, but absent seeing the problem, you will excuse me if your breathless exhortations - 'including the one that was verified as problematic and required a fitted slide and lowered ejection port by Randy Lee -- I guess it's just a shooter problem, though, right?' aren't compelling to me.

If I do observe this in the future, trust me, I will not be shy about acknowledging the error of my observations.

I wish I could say thanks for your courteous responses, but I guess that would be fibbing, huh?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-23-14 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Feel free to discuss the pistols. If you want to discuss each other, either take it to PM or drop it entirely.

This is the only warning you are going to see.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Point taken, thanks. I think we are done.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I'd be curious to know the actual percent of Glocks that exhibit this BTF.

Obviously we could never figure it out but you would think it was 95%.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder what the ratio of Glock to brand X handgun sold in the US is? Are Glock handguns 50% of the handgun sales? Every hand gun manufacture has some kind of issues. Do we just hear more about the Glock issues because two or three time as much Glocks are being sold and we are seeing the law or averages playing out?

There is NO doubt that Glocks have issues but I think it is more pronounced due to the amount of Glocks out and about. ...yes, shame on Glock for not fixing the issue(s). Oh, one more thing. When you are at the top you will always have a bullseye on your back!!!
    Last edited by 5.56Geo; 07-23-14 at 20:13.
    Live free or die trying!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast