Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Izhmash Banned From Importation

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This will not only effect the Saiga rifles/shotguns but also the VEPRs as well, I wonder what Mark Krebs is going to do now since they base their custom rifles off of VEPRs?

I might have to finally get around to selling that NIB Rob Arms VEPR-K I have sitting in the back of the safe . . .
    They've done some things with Yugo's in the past, so they'll probably do that again.

Feedback Score
    Not to be a "glass half empty" guy but I'd be very surprised to see this lifted even if relations turn around. Every day things are "good" as they currently are seems like borrowed time till another nut job goes off and kicks the bee hive starting the vicious cycle again. We've seen things go to hell overnight just a couple times now. Those a-holes in office are on the edge of their seats waiting for the stars to line up again. All of us that suffered through the retarded AWB days know how precarious our position is at this time. I never thought I'd see a time I couldn't go to the store and get .22 lr ammo. Definitely never thought that POS Norinco under folder AK I bought new for $150 as a disposable truck gun would sell for $2100 like I saw the other night. Damn.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gee, I guess I should clean my SGL 21 and quit beating it up. It might become a collectors item, lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Gee, I guess I should clean my SGL 21 and quit beating it up. It might become a collectors item, lol.
    Not only do I believe you are correct, but that this is just the beginning and most all AK's will be shortly.
    **I am a descendent of men who refused to be ruled**
    **I do not fear the valley for I am the shadow**

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINDFIRE View Post
    Not only do I believe you are correct, but that this is just the beginning and most all AK's will be shortly.
    I could see imported AKs being banned, but USA made rifles would take their place eventually, unless, Obummer goes full retard (not out of the question I guess). The quality of USA AKs would be the question.

I'm more worried about the ammo bans right now.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 08-05-14 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I could see imported AKs being banned, but USA made rifles would take their place eventually, unless, Obummer goes full retard (not out of the question I guess). The quality of USA AKs would be the question.

I'm more worried about the ammo bans right now.
    I agree

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I agree
    Only if they can get something passed through congress. Sanctions are temporary. Even then other companies like Arsenal will work to import more Bulgarian manufactured AKs into the US. As long as Bulgaria doesn't decide to go to war with US Allies there would be no cause for economic sanctions thus that supply route is clear. As long as none of these manufacturers or their importers don't violate 922r we're good, as long as congress doesn't make a law toughening import restrictions across the board we're good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Only if they can get something passed through congress. Sanctions are temporary. Even then other companies like Arsenal will work to import more Bulgarian manufactured AKs into the US. As long as Bulgaria doesn't decide to go to war with US Allies there would be no cause for economic sanctions thus that supply route is clear. As long as none of these manufacturers or their importers don't violate 922r we're good, as long as congress doesn't make a law toughening import restrictions across the board we're good.
    I hope your right but there are multiple sanctions, EO's, taxes, etc that were so supposed to be temporary that are still in place today. I know by the letter of the law your correct but I guess I just don't trust this regime.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I hope your right but there are multiple sanctions, EO's, taxes, etc that were so supposed to be temporary that are still in place today. I know by the letter of the law your correct but I guess I just don't trust this regime.
    I probably should have phrased it as non-permanent sanctions with an indefinite life. I can recall instances where sanctions were softened under one admin. only to be toughened under another. My main point is that until congress passes a bill that implements a permanent economic sanction of a government, they are all dependent on the whims of the administration and political pressure when it gets dropped.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    So investing in a Krebs 103K Saiga would be a wise choice.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast