Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife suggestions for a gift

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sog Flash II is my go to knife and has been for a long time. It's light, affordable, assisted open, holds an edge, and is awesome.

http://www.sogknives.com/flash-ii-pa...-serrated.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    if your groomsmen are not the type to buy or own their own knives, I really like the idea of the case pocket knives. these are heirloom knives. anyone can appreciate the quality that is evident and they will own it till they lose it. and knife guys will appreciate it for what it is...

another one like this is a Swiss Army Knife. many are gift boxed and they come in many styles. think about the who you're buying this for and depending on that, you may end up getting them one with either a cork screw and finger nail file, or a leather awl and gut hook...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for the Delica. Great knife for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Spyderco Delica.

I would consider this model as you could have it engraved with your groomsmens initials for a classy touch:http://newgraham.com/Spyderco-Delica...S%2C-PE-SC11P/

You can go with the cheaper FRN handle model but I say the stainless model would be nicer as a gift of this nature.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I vote for the case. Non knife as well as the knife guys will put it in the drawer as a keep sake. If you give them a spyderco, benchmade, etc, it will sit in the drawers and not used to its full capabilities.

The case will be classy and like was mentioned earlier can be engraved as well as color matched to the wedding

Feedback Score
    I did a set of Kershaw's Leek knives engraved with names, total price with engraving <$60 each. (Local engraver ~$10 per)

Though there are "better" options out there, they were received well and the 'made in usa' / forever warranty means the guys actually carry and use them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Spyderco Delica.

I would consider this model as you could have it engraved with your groomsmens initials for a classy touch:http://newgraham.com/Spyderco-Delica...S%2C-PE-SC11P/

You can go with the cheaper FRN handle model but I say the stainless model would be nicer as a gift of this nature.
    I agree with this. This would make an outstanding gift. Much better than a flask, beer mug or other junk that typically gets passed out to groomsmen

Feedback Score
    At my best friends wedding last year he gave all of us Kershaw leeks with the damascus blade, and engraved the bullshit names we call each other on them. Made for a nice gift, everyone carries them, and more importantly talks about them.

slight derail: Last year I realize that my father never had a "nice" knife, so I got him a gold class benchmade, haven't seen him without it since. I mention this because it's a little amazing to me how much those that aren't "knife" people really appreciate a good gift knife.

-Stu
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    I don't post here much but I love knives. I would recommend a heirloom quality traditional knife. Great Eastern Cutlery has a lot of very nice quality traditional knives. I really like the single blade #15 pattern knives.

http://www.collectorknives.net/gec-15/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chasetopher View Post
    I did a set of Kershaw's Leek knives engraved with names, total price with engraving <$60 each. (Local engraver ~$10 per)

Though there are "better" options out there, they were received well and the 'made in usa' / forever warranty means the guys actually carry and use them.
    I like the Shallot as well
    http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/KS1...ain-Edge-Blade
    A little more money but still made in the U.S. with a more robust blade and just barely in the Gentleman's Knife category.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast