Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saker 762 and 556 with the MAAD mounts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Saker 762 and 556 with the MAAD mounts

I am purchasing the Saker 556 and Saker 762 suppressors both with MAAD mounts. I was searching and could not find the answer but I am wondering if you can accidentally mount the 556 suppressor on the 762 MAAD mount. I know Surefire mounts have the notch built into the base of the SOCOM mount where it will not allow you to mount the 556 can on the 762 mount but Does SilencerCo have a safety feature build into the MAAD mount where it will not allow the 556 suppressor to mount on the 762 mount? I sure hope so because I could see it now, taking a friend to the range and they mount the 556 suppressor on the 308 and destroy the rifle and suppressor.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    And I know YHM QD cans also work this way. I've browsed both the SiCo and Silencer Shop forums on ARFCOM, and haven't seen that question asked/answered. I also checked the SiCo and SS YouTube channels and never saw a video mention it.

Probably best to just call/email SiCo and ask. I usually gets answers within 24 hours or so through email. Silencer Shop would list likely be able to answer it as well...they have a video explaining the different YHM mounts, but I don't see a SiCo version.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, my understanding is that the MAAD Mount is not specific to 5.56 or 7.62...ie, it will fit both 7.62 and 5.56 Trifecta mounts.

Incidentally, Silencerco claims the 7.62 Saker with a 5.56 end cap suppresses better than the 5.56 Saker. Probably neither here nor there but just another item of interchangeability between the two.
    Last edited by luckydube56; 07-17-14 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydube56 View Post
    Incidentally, Silencerco claims the 7.62 Saker with a 5.56 end cap suppresses better than the 5.56 Saker. Probably neither here nor there but just another item of interchangeability between the two.
    It's a small sample size, but SS has a video of them shooting 5.56 through the Saker 5.56, the Saker 7.62 w/ 7.62 cap, and the Saker 7.62 w/ 5.56 cap...and the 7.62/5.56 combo is indeed the quietest.

That's one reason I have a 5.56 end cap sitting here waiting on 7.62 approval. Bought the FH version so there will be a very obvious visual difference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I called silencerCo today and received conformation that both the 556 and 762 Saker cans will fit on either MAAD mount. So there is no safety notch or device in place to keep you from accidentally mounting your 556 suppressor on your 308 gun. However they said if that did happen then that is what there "Lifetime" warranty is for, and they would try to repair the suppressor to the best of there ability. It sounds like they have good CS but I dont want to be the one to "test" it out. Plus, Im not sure how much of the suppressor would be even left to repair.

So if you do have the 556 and 762 Saker suppressor you just need to pay close attention on which suppressor you are putting on what gun since they are fairly close in size and weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I know that SilencerCo is one of the best when it comes to warranty, but I would be pretty hesitant to believe this wouldn't fall under the negligence or abuse category and be exempt from warranty repair. I wouldn't want to be the trial case either.

FWIW, I know that the AAC 556-SD & M4-2000 will both fit on my 7.62 51T mounts also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    That's one reason I have a 5.56 end cap sitting here waiting on 7.62 approval. Bought the FH version so there will be a very obvious visual difference.
    I just submitted the Form 4 on my Saker 762 this week. I was planning on doing the exact same thing with the flash hider version of the 5.56 end cap so I would have a visual reference.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKAC View Post
    I know that SilencerCo is one of the best when it comes to warranty, but I would be pretty hesitant to believe this wouldn't fall under the negligence or abuse category and be exempt from warranty repair. I wouldn't want to be the trial case either.
    Reading their warranty it says that in the event you do something really dumb and they won't warranty it they will give you a new suppressor for 75% off MSRP (plus a new stamp)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
    I just submitted the Form 4 on my Saker 762 this week. I was planning on doing the exact same thing with the flash hider version of the 5.56 end cap so I would have a visual reference.

Reading their warranty it says that in the event you do something really dumb and they won't warranty it they will give you a new suppressor for 75% off MSRP (plus a new stamp)
    I think this video will give you a bit of insight to our policy: http://youtu.be/JjwVk-F3nJ8?list=UUu...UaW6qnMMp7XE7Q

Our warranty return rate is so low that we can afford to take care of our customers, even when the customers themselves, or no one at all, is to blame for the problem. Just ask the guy who sent in his Osprey a couple weeks ago after it was charred and melted in a house fire. We don't tolerate abuse of our relaxed warranty policy, but then again, that is almost never an issue.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I think this video will give you a bit of insight to our policy: http://youtu.be/JjwVk-F3nJ8?list=UUu...UaW6qnMMp7XE7Q

Our warranty return rate is so low that we can afford to take care of our customers, even when the customers themselves, or no one at all, is to blame for the problem. Just ask the guy who sent in his Osprey a couple weeks ago after it was charred and melted in a house fire. We don't tolerate abuse of our relaxed warranty policy, but then again, that is almost never an issue.
    Nobody wants to screw up their expensive suppressor, but accidents can happen. It is great to see that Silencerco has such a good philosophy on their warranty, it makes me feel even better about my purchase.

Do you have any experience with the CMMG 8" .300 blackout barrels being used with the Saker 762? I was looking at them due to cost compared to Noveske or Rainier. If I was reading some other posts correctly the 1:7 twist should stabilize heavier subsonic rounds better than the 1:8 or 1:8.5 that some companies use.

The other question I have is using the Saker 762 with 7.62x39. I know the AK pattern rifles have issues with non concentric threads, but I would like to use my Sig 556R threaded in 5/8x24. Are there any known issues with the Sig barrels and non concentric threads? Is there any issue shooting the Wolf/Tula steel case 7.62x39 ammo through the suppressor? I know the ammo shoots a little dirtier than some brass cased ammo, I don't know if that effects the sealed suppressor over time.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can you color code the barrel with some heat resistant paint? Red ring behind the 556 muzzle device and red ring on the 556 can. Don't pull the trigger till you check the color??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast