Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14.5 Perm attached FH and Barrel Questions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For a better overall value (cost with respect to quality), you could pick this up: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...y=LWR-BCM-BLEM -- just chose the stock you want. You'll end up with a full BCM rifle and you should be quite pleased.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Being new to ar15 platform you would be better served if you purchased a 16" upper so you can remove the flash hider anytime you want to change muzzle devices, hand guards, front sight base, add low profile gas bloc etc. You will thank me later.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    For a better overall value (cost with respect to quality), you could pick this up: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...y=LWR-BCM-BLEM -- just chose the stock you want. You'll end up with a full BCM rifle and you should be quite pleased.
    tbaker's suggestion is right on the money. Please tell us that you went ahead and got a BCM bolt carrier group and Gunfighter charging handle to complete your upper.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Being new to ar15 platform you would be better served if you purchased a 16" upper so you can remove the flash hider anytime you want to change muzzle devices, hand guards, front sight base, add low profile gas bloc etc. You will thank me later.
    Agreed. Most of the fun that comes from being new to the AR platform is it's modularity. It's only a matter of time until you will want to change something, and constantly having to unpin a flash hider is going to get expensive and time consuming.

Feedback Score
    Be aware that while it's possible to mill or grind and then remove the muzzle device, if *you* do so at home, without a pistol lower around, you are in constructive (or real, depending on assembly state) possession of an SBR which is a federal felony.

All rifles must have barrel length of 16" or longer, including any permanently attached muzzle devices.

If you have a pistol lower around (the other parts for an AR pistol would be a very good idea, I don't know if they're required), you may be able to do the work yourself. It's not particularly difficult, I just figure you'd rather not end up in PMITA prison.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Please keep that constructive intent nonsense out of this other rational discussion. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    Be aware that while it's possible to mill or grind and then remove the muzzle device, if *you* do so at home, without a pistol lower around, you are in constructive (or real, depending on assembly state) possession of an SBR which is a federal felony.

All rifles must have barrel length of 16" or longer, including any permanently attached muzzle devices.

If you have a pistol lower around (the other parts for an AR pistol would be a very good idea, I don't know if they're required), you may be able to do the work yourself. It's not particularly difficult, I just figure you'd rather not end up in PMITA prison.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I know federally MG constructive is an issue, I've heard arguments both ways for constructive SBR/SBS. I wanted to prevent a potential felony.

Some states that allow NFA items have definitive constructive possession laws for SBR/SBS, so I wanted to mention it.

However, if you're asking me as a moderator I won't mention it again.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the answers and knowledge on NFA Rules and Reg's.
    Speaking of which, that brings me to ask this.

So your saying, if I remove my lower and seperate them by transporting my lower to another house, and i'm working on my upper without an SBR Lower. I'm now commiting a felony because I don't have a SBR Lower in my possession? (Once I un pin and remove the FH)

I read a lot of different things on that and even on the NFA. Web site I'm kind of unclear. I thought as long as I had those 2 pieces seperated I was G2G.

Also here's another question, noob equstion, the 14.5 barrel that I have, I'm super interested in the Low profile gas block but don't know if I should get a clam on GB or screw in. Anybody with knowledge of both parts.

I've got my 7inch magpul handguards coming in but i'm thinking of a free flow setup w/ 10inch rails to cover the GB.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Negative for clamp on gas block.
    Get a bcm low pro gas block.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I know federally MG constructive is an issue, I've heard arguments both ways for constructive SBR/SBS. I wanted to prevent a potential felony.

Some states that allow NFA items have definitive constructive possession laws for SBR/SBS, so I wanted to mention it.

However, if you're asking me as a moderator I won't mention it again.
    I live in GA. So i'm unsure if my state does or does not. I know either way u still need a TAX Stamp to legally poses a full SBR. IDK about parts themselves.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast