Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Improperly Staked BCG?

Feedback Score

Improperly Staked BCG?

Hi All,
    I'm relatively new here and new to the AR platform as well, so do excuse my lack of knowledge/ignorance, but I need your opinion. I purchased a Spike's Tactical NiB BCG. From what I can tell, it does not appear to be properly staked:
    Spike's BCG Staking.jpg

I was under the impression that the staking should protrude further in and go over the screws like in this image:
    ar-key-stake-2-082712.jpg

I sent the first picture to a Spike's representative and he told me the product I got was a properly staked BCG. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks for your opinions!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Send that poor stake job back wherever it came from and buy a colt or BCM and it will be assembled correctly. Check here before buying anymore gun parts and you will only have to buy once.
    Last edited by Airhasz; 07-17-14 at 15:57.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I would not call it good, I would call it a poor attempt at properly staking a gas key.
    I have seen worse. Send that crap back. LMT, Colt, DD, or Bravo Company always gets my money
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, currently working on the return. Never purchasing from Spike's again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiboZ View Post
    Thanks guys, currently working on the return. Never purchasing from Spike's again.
    Be glad you don't own the whole rifle...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Haha, I couldn't imagine what that would be like.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    yup...carrier number #2, please.
    Already been said, but there really isn't much of a reason to stray from Colt, BCM, DD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoe View Post
    yup...carrier number #2, please.
    Already been said, but there really isn't much of a reason to stray from Colt, BCM, DD.
    I'm tellin ya, with BCM dropping BCG prices to 169, there is absolutely 0 reason to go otherwise. Well unless you want some magically covered shiny bcg. I swear, some of the companies just use that metallic spray paint on their BCG's and calls it NIB lol
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You guys are way too picky. I'm no fan of spikes, but the staking in the first picture is perfectly fine. As long as the gas key metal is displaced so it touches the sides of the head of the socket cap screw, it's fine.

I have two BCM bolt carrier groups purchased directly from Bravo Company USA. One from 2009. One from 2013. The staking on both look exactly like the first picture. No metal from the gas key goes over the top of the screw head from the staking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    I'm tellin ya, with BCM dropping BCG prices to 169, there is absolutely 0 reason to go otherwise. Well unless you want some magically covered shiny bcg. I swear, some of the companies just use that metallic spray paint on their BCG's and calls it NIB lol
    I second this. I literally just ordered one to complete my cosmetic blemmed BCM upper. Just need iron sites now.
    Once I get my new BCM BCG am going to snap a few pictures comparing the differences between the BCM BCG, an RRA I have, and an old Bushy one that I have since not only did it appear that the stacking was considerably different, but the carrier cut was even different.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast