Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this for a first Ar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherritchie View Post
    First post go easy on me ..... I just purchased a Sig Sauer ar it's the rm 400 wth sopmod buttstock...and Keymod hand guard .... Got it from selway for $674 after the rebate .... Is this a decent first Ar .... I got a colt hbar on a trade several years ago ... But traded it off for several guns .... Probably should have kept it but ..... Live and learn .... Are they any concerns on this Sig ... Thankyou very much Preacher Ritchie

Not sure of all the specs for a Sig, but for $674 you did fine, now shoot the hell out of it.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    How does this rifle compare to others in this price range? I've seen folks talking about deals like an M&P Sport going for around the same price. What's the better rifle at that price point?

My first AR is a BCM Recce SS410, which is the shit, but I wouldn't mind having a beater gun as well. This Sig looks like it would fill that role at less than half what I spent on the BCM.

I've handled these Sigs at the LGS and they seem like well made basic carbines. Am I missing some reason this M400 isn't a good gun at this price?
    Last edited by TexanInCali; 07-18-14 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    Selway has them still with the mail in rebate of 100 dollars off

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sig is a good basic carbine. I have owned 3 of them. Two m400s and one piston. All are built well and if you care they look good also. The three I had all shot very well and I had no issues with them. All of my examples had green mountain barrels. Being a lefty the lower was very user friendly. They were solid rifles. I never reached a huge round count with them, who can afford that these days? For a casual user and home defense rifle I see no reason not to own one at that price. Shoot the shit out of it and enjoy it.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Thankyou Fuzzy -reticle .... I'm reloading some of my Dads brass this weekend .... Thankyou for the replies

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherritchie View Post
    First post go easy on me ..... I just purchased a Sig Sauer ar it's the rm 400 wth sopmod buttstock...and Keymod hand guard .... Got it from selway for $674 after the rebate .... Is this a decent first Ar .... I got a colt hbar on a trade several years ago ... But traded it off for several guns .... Probably should have kept it but ..... Live and learn .... Are they any concerns on this Sig ... Thankyou very much Preacher Ritchie
    In that price range, I think you did fine. Now, go buy an Aimpoint PRO, a good sling, a light, a bunch of mags, and some ammo...

... then go shoot the crap out of it. At this point, asking others opinions of it is purely academic.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm curious if Sig has made any changes from when this review was posted:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...e-Sigarms-M400

And now. Specifically like an H buffer or FA BCG. MPI markings, etc.

OP, can you break it down and give us a detailed look?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, shoot the crap out of it.

If you do want to put an optic on it I have an Aimpoint PRO on mine and really like it. I bought an Aimpoint Micro T1 for my wife's AR (she gets all the lightweight stuff!) she like it as well. Aimpoints are nice.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Like others said, go shoot it. A lot.

Feedback Score
    Hey Preacher....Sig makes a solid gun. You got a great deal, so keep it lubed and shoot it in good health!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo, Brother!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast