I was thinking this morning about the situation with the handful of tight M11A1 magwells. It seems pointless/counterproductive to me to even begin thinking about making modifications to the ZMAGs, which fit great in 95% of the guns out there. So I was thinking about how we could bring those other 5% of guns out there "up to snuff."

My first thought was a mandrel a la H&K MP5 receiver mandrel. You might have seen one. They are used for popping out dents in the sheetmetal H&K receivers. I was thinking that a tapered mandrel of the right size (ever so slightly oversized at its largest point (to account for steel springback)) would be the ticket. You could either use a press or a big f*cking hammer to drive it through your out-of-spec magwell. Whiz bang. Everyone's happy.

I could make up, say five of them. If you order a ZMAG and feel your magwell is too tight for it, you could order the mandrel. I'd take, say, a $75 deposit and ship it out to you. When you're done repairing your undersized magwell, you return the mandrel and I refund the deposit. What do you guys with tight magwells think about that solution?

Marty