Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Selling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

AR Selling

Does anyone know any sites to sell guns?

Armslist.com
    Ar-15.com
    M4 Carbine.net
    Facebook groups

Any else? I dont really want to put it on gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Curious...why you do not want to put it on Gunbroker? I've found Gunbroker to be one of the easiest places to sell firearms, and you reach a HUGE audience. Most online forums will just be a lot of lowballing.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have had good luck with Gunbroker but I wasn't selling AR15s. I guess you know that unless you have something rare or hard to get new this is a bad time to be selling. You might have more luck selling local.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually didn't think it was worth it. Clearly I am wrong. Do you have any advice on putting them up?

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Here's what I've found to be helpful when selling things on Gunbroker:

First, do your research. Use the Advanced Search function on Gunbroker to what the same or similar items sold for in the past month or so.

Second, make your "ad" look professional. Check out HTML formatting codes to learn how to format text with bold, itals, etc.

Third, LOTS AND LOTS of photos. The more you show the potential buyer the item you are selling, the better. Gunbroker allows you to post nearly limitless numbers of photos. Be aware that there is no "zoom" feature for buyers, so the more detailed close ups you show them, the better. If it is a used rifle, be sure to get really high quality close ups of the entire rifle from every possible angle, internal and external details. Show them the rifling in the barrel, the feed ramp, the chamber, etc. etc.

Fourth, be very clear on your terms and conditions for the sale. Stipulate everything up front and make sure you have adequately communicated it.

Fifth, do not set a high "reserve price" it discourages people from bidding. Determine the absolutely lowest amount you'd want to get for your rifle and start the auction at that price, but don't do "reserve" if you can avoid it.

Sixth, be realistic. If the rifle is used, you simply will NOT get close to what you paid for it, unless it is a high-demand firearm. Again, the Advanced Search function will show you what you can realistically expect.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow. That is perfect. Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Let me add to what PT said. We have a retired guy here with a business that sells on GB. He is a high volume seller with a stellar record. He knows how to price the gun, how to photograph the gun and has software to manage the auction. When it sells he collects the funds, packages and ships to the buyer (he has an FFL). He hands you a check (less his commission and GB fees). His commission varies based on gun value and the number of pictures. Yes it cost $$$ but most of us aren't capable of doing what he does. Maybe you have someone like him near you. Remember that an object is only what you can sell it for.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Just to emphasize my point about LOTS of photos.

I mean LOTS ... take at least 15 or 20.

"Pose" your rifle appropriately with good lighting and sharp photos, use a good camera, no fuzzy, out of focus, "sorry I don't have better pictures, guys" style photos.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A few informative photos are much better than lots of pictures that tell you nothing or simply shows you the same thing over and over. What you need to show depends on the type of rifle you're selling. What a buyer for a FAL is interested in seeing is different from what a buyer for an AR wants to see
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    He might get a drive by appraisal if the OP told us what he is trying to sell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast