Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dry film lube in psa upper?

Feedback Score

dry film lube in psa upper?

I bought a psa midlenght upper sku 8962. When i received the upper it looked like there was no anodizing inside the upper, did a little searching and think it might be dryfilm lube. Is this something psa does or is it a lemon. And i have emailed psa twice receiving only generic auto responses saying they received my email, called left a voicemail and no call back. Any info would be much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes there are tons of PSA (and other) uppers floating around with it inside.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhard View Post
    I bought a psa midlenght upper sku 8962. When i received the upper it looked like there was no anodizing inside the upper, did a little searching and think it might be dryfilm lube. Is this something psa does or is it a lemon. And i have emailed psa twice receiving only generic auto responses saying they received my email, called left a voicemail and no call back. Any info would be much appreciated.
    If it was not anodized, it would be a bright silver color / bare aluminum. If what you are seeing is a dull grey color, possibly irregular in finish appearance, that's dry film lube and is found on pretty much every milspec upper receiver.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Here's some pics I found for reference purposes.

Attached Images Attached Images
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys is there a round count you can exepect it to start wearing off(got about 200 rounds through it)? I dont remember seeing it on my bcm. Thanks for the info guys

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lol I've heard of people wearing it off just dry cycling the gun. Some companies use a different type of dry lube IIRC that is more opaque, I didn't notice the greyish stuff in my new BCM upper either so I'm not sure.

Good luck with your PSA.

Feedback Score
    Except for the lube question i love the upper it shoots great. Smoked a coyote with it last weekend so its earning its place in the truck.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anodizing does not turn the aluminum black. The black color is a dye and many different color dyes can be used. Anodizing by itself turns the aluminum a dull grey
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhard View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's dry film lube. I've got the same upper (although I got it a while ago, and without the BCG and charging handle), and mine has dry film lube.

PSA will eventually respond to your emails. I sent one on the 6th, and they answered today (the 11th) - so it can take a while.

Yes, it would be nice if they responded quicker. Then again, if they hired the extra people it would take to do that, how much more would they have had to charge for the upper?

Feedback Score
    My first email was send back on november 16, So they need to work on some things. It would be nice if they would put it in the details that they come with dry lube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast