Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mec-Gar 18-round SiG P226 Magazines

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Mec-Gar 18-round SiG P226 Magazines

Since the only thread I could find on the subject is five years old and is apparently subject to a database error....

Does anybody have any experience with Mec-Gar's 18-round magazines for the 9mm SiG P226? Are they as good as or better than Mec-Gar's 15-round magazines for the same pistol?

I am aware that Mec-Gar's 15-round magazines for the Browning Hi-Power are said to cause some issues with failing to lock the slide back while their 13-rounders do not and that non-ETM 8-round 1911 magazines suffer from problems when loaded to 8 rounds as well. I fear that this may also be the case with the higher capacity magazines for the SiG. Is my apprehension misplaced?

Thanks!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Been running them exclusively in my MK25 for the last year now. No issues so far. I marked them though in case they start acting up.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've been using the Mec-Gar extended capacity mags in the P226 and P229 for years w/o any problems. Mine probably have a couple thousand rounds thru them.

Mec-Gar is the only non-OEM pistol mag I'll buy.

H

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My experience mirrors the above. I've also had good luck with the 20rd variants.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Mec-Gar magazines are the best you can get for your P226 and they're reasonably priced so there's really no reason to buy anything else. I own 18 round and 20 round ones and never had a problem with them. They have some kind of anti-friction coating as well (Teflon?). The only negative is they only have witness holes at 5, 10, 15, and 18 rounds and they're on the right side of the magazine body. I'm used to HK/Walther/Glock magazines which have witness holes for every round after 4 and are located on the back of the magazine. That's a nitpick though. No effect on function.

SIG's used to come with Mec-Gars from the factory but whether it's a supply issue or SIG being cheap, I'm mostly seeing CMI magazines with P226's now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vereceleritas View Post
    Mec-Gar magazines are the best you can get for your P226 and they're reasonably priced so there's really no reason to buy anything else. I own 18 round and 20 round ones and never had a problem with them.
    I concur. They also make 92FS mags that are GTG. I think they're also 18 rounds flush and a 20 round extended. MecGars are all I own for my 226.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another +1 here, the Mec-Gar Sig 18 rounders are good to go.
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have only heard and experienced good things with the Mec-Gar 18 rounders. My MK25 came with factory SIG mags, I supplemented with buying Mec-Gar and consider them superior to the SIG mags.

Feedback Score
    No issues here with my Mec-Gar 20 rounders for my 226.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    I have only heard and experienced good things with the Mec-Gar 18 rounders. My MK25 came with factory SIG mags, I supplemented with buying Mec-Gar and consider them superior to the SIG mags.
    +1 they are great mags, I use them in my MK25 also without any issues whatsoever. I get them for $25 plus free shipping too

Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast