Thread: Barrel extension wear part 2

Feedback Score

Barrel extension wear part 2

Please note to my knowledge this extension was not taken from a Bergara barrel, just used their flyer for a background in the picture.

Shown above is what I would expect to be normal wear as taken from an M4 barrel shot to beyond end of life. Meaning run crazy full auto at "The Gunstore" in Las Vegas.

Link to part 1: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...nsion-wear-FYI

Appearances none the less are somewhat deceiving as the melonited extension seats are still quite functional. Time for a new barrel however as the concern about the integrity is full retard now.
    Last edited by 308sako; 07-20-14 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comparison, definitely clears up what I was looking at in the first thread.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is a good example of why the little details are the killers on ARs. You buy a Bushmaster, LWRCi, or any other garbage gun... you can bet your ass the proper hardening of this part is something those retards either don't get, or don't care about because their uninformed customers don't understand it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v