Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! Silencerco Salvo 12

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm curious why none of the press images are on semi-auto SGs.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'm curious why none of the press images are on semi-auto SGs.
    Did you watch the video in the original link provided? It shows it running on a semi-auto Benelli.
    Police work: If it were easy it would be called your mom.

Feedback Score
    There are about 5 videos on YouTube (some more informative than others) and SilencerCo has a page with full specs on the Salvo 12. That page claims it'll work on pump, gas, and inertia guns.
    I like it...I'm excited to try one. Maybe make duck and goose hunting a bit more pleasant and take some recoil off the slug gun.
    I don't like the weight though...32oz at 12" assembly?! They should look at Ti over SS.

When are they making a Salvo 10?
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cj5_dude View Post
    The why I see is for folks like wing hunters. I know lots of hunters who will be happy to not risk permanent hearing loss while hunting, and also not hunting with ear pro in. This opens the market way up for more hunters and slowly help make silencers more and more main stream.
    My farther would be forever grateful if the guy who shot his 12g while duck hunting right behind/right next to his ear back in the early 70's had one of these. No ears in at all.. He would still have most of his hearing in that ear I'm guessing. But they are pretty cool, but with the NFA rules, regs, and wait times, I cant see to many average Joe bird hunters lining up for these. Just my .02
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-22-14 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armed_zebra View Post
    Tactically quiet door breaching??
    That is a good one....can't hear the shotgun, now if we could only get the door to be quite when it comes apart we would be in business......

As for hunters....why don't you see more deer and elk hunters using them?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The huge drawback still for suppressor ownership is the wait time and the tax stamp. Suppressors are the fastest growing segment of the firearms industry right now. Ten years ago the number of people who owned suppressors was small. But in the past decade suppressor designs have evolved and improved and they have become more and more mainstream. In time ownership will continue to grow and you will see more deer and elk hunters using legal suppresors. If only they weren't considered a firearm by the ATF and the NFA rules I think they'd already be even more mainstream than they currently are. On top of that, there's still a few states that don't allow hunting with suppressors, but those states are dwindling as legislation is being passed.

In time I think more and more people will be using suppressors for hunting as well as general plinking.
    Police work: If it were easy it would be called your mom.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So, I see this as more of a tool for a pump action over a semi-auto shotgun as gas pressure would be ridiculous to mitigate...no?

Feedback Score
    I would LOVE this. It's really handy for all kinds of things, and it makes 18-20" barrels useful for field work for a change. Price point...well...kinda the cost of doing business quietly these days. Who benefits from this? Women and kids, rather strongly, by cutting out intimidation same as with other cans but to work within the shotgun world.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 07-22-14 at 18:05.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Most of the serious bird hunters that I know of, couldn't care less about tax stamp cost or wait time. I'm sure that most aren't aware that ownership is legal, and then the paperwork is so confusing on top of that which is probably why they don't even bother. Wealth is not the issue, as most do quite well and some are billionaires. Or their lawyer isn't up to speed on NFA items, and it never crosses their minds.

Feedback Score
    That so many of them don't know the legality of them is no accident. We've gotta weather the storm for the next few years to where we can get a pro gun president et al. to get some pro gun progress made, perhaps toward de-listing cans.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast