Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Focus Shooting AAR

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny_quick View Post
    That’s interesting, thanks for sharing. I’ve ever heard of another teacher using the side shuffle step. I need to revisit that.
    Basically movement is key. Doesn't have to be a side step. Move, draw your weapon and shoot.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny_quick View Post

One Eye Closed: Rob gave a long lecture complete with illustration on why it’s undesirable and even impossible to accurately fire with both eyes open. .
    Oh my....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Single shots have their place. I used to fire multiple shots regardless of target area until I had a chance to work with Scott Reitz. He had us only fire single rounds when engaging the head of target due to backstop (aka the head) disappearing should your first round do what it's supposed to do

They also have their place in some diagnostic drills
    Yes. Multiple shots to body, but only one to the head (as it moves so much).

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This video here demonstrates some of the silly reloading techniques Rob teaches...

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    LOL WUT? Can anyone give me at least one good reason why having the bullets facing backward in your carrier is good? I am far from the best shooter out there and I only have two courses under my belt but some of the stuff in the OP is funny and doesn't make much sense to me. Thinking about it and seeing how Pincus just raked in 5K on this course alone blows my mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    LOL WUT? Can anyone give me at least one good reason why having the bullets facing backward in your carrier is good? I am far from the best shooter out there and I only have two courses under my belt but some of the stuff in the OP is funny and doesn't make much sense to me. Thinking about it and seeing how Pincus just raked in 5K on this course alone blows my mind.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating his 'system', but he pretty much explained it on the film - he feels economy of motion and less silhouette - elbow not winged out.

He also explained his rationale for everything demo'ed on the film clip. It is up to you whether you adopt it.

I write the following statement on the white board every class - "When I teach tactics, I bet your life" - and tell the officers that they should quiz me if they don't understand 'why' - if any instructor is telling you to do something a specific way and can not articulate 'why' you need to seek other instruction.

It is your ultimate decision whether to adopt the system or not. There are several things that Pincus demo'ed in the video that I simply don't agree with, so I would discard those.

Based on that video and feedback from elsewhere, I probably wouldn't spend MY money to attend one of his courses.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Couple things, movement is good. However, the whole point generally is to place yourself at an advantage, whether it be getting to cover and/or gaining a vantage point to maximize your coverage and minimize exposure to yourself. Every situation is unique, so be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly.

Long ago, I learned some things from Al Clark in reference to shooting and I still believe it holds true today.
    The test
    Does it make sense?
    Does it work?
    Can you duplicate it under stress and any condition?

Oh-I'm not agreeing with or promoting anything with Pincus
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    He's got a lot of fancy, overly complicated theories on why he recommends this crap (see the video)... but zero real world experience. He refuses to shoot on a timer, and he won't compete... so, basically it's just something he uses to try and be different while refusing to quantify the supposed benefits of it.

At least the OP recognized it as this. I've been to classes where people were indoctrinated in BS like this, and refused to listen to the instruction they were receiving from SME's because they saw this crap first. I'm just glad that people are seeing through it, and sharing their experience. Too ofter well intentioned students are sucked into a cult like this, and get trapped in the "system" of the cult in question. The Pincus cult is just one of many.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This AAR is posted in a few spots online. It's funny to see the places where the class is being defended and where it's been talked about truthfully

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    This AAR is posted in a few spots online. It's funny to see the places where the class is being defended and where it's been talked about truthfully
    Funny, but not the least bit surprising.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast