Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Oh my....
    If you feel like you have 20 minutes to waste:

Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AbAfZtTpk

Part 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUy46J9IAOM

Part 2 is where he goes into how it is impossible to shoot with both eyes open....
    Last edited by Arctic1; 07-24-14 at 16:30.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Funny, but not the least bit surprising.
    It's typically the ignorant defending the ignorant

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    If you feel like you have 20 minutes to waste:

Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AbAfZtTpk

Part 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUy46J9IAOM

Part 2 is where he goes into how it is impossible to shoot with both eyes open....
    I'll take your word on that one.

We all know people who would eat him up spit him out on any range challenge who shoot with both eyes open.

I have communicated with Rob a few times on non shooting related topics and he's always been friendly to me, so I don't wanna just rip on the guy. But I'd say the above fact remains.

The shooting instructor biz does remind me a great deal of the trainer or nutrition "guru" biz where I do have extensive experience. It attracts all kinds, and many people simply unable or unwilling to see if the person giving the advice has the creds, background, or experience to give it.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-24-14 at 16:51.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    It's typically the ignorant defending the ignorant
    The blind leading the stupid. BTDT. No thanx.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This was a well reasoned AAR. Going by the description of the material and techniques taught, I don't have the time or energy to go into the things I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    This AAR is posted in a few spots online. It's funny to see the places where the class is being defended and where it's been talked about truthfully
    I'm embarrassed to say that after reading the above post I tried to google it and was unable to find it elsewhere online. This is probably a good thing.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    This is exactly why AAR's are an essential part of a training course. Every instructor class I've taken I've researched AAR's for online and every time I've gotten something that was beneficial to the class.

Rob is one of those people that continually pops up in shows on the sporting channels regarding personal defense. He's in thick with that crowd and as such you are led to a belief that you're going to be
    exposed to a training circuit that's top level. Write ups like this shed a more serious and thought provoking light on the subject matter. How many people will this be the only class they ever take? And this
    is what they'll retain for future use. I've still got one co worker that goes on about wanting to take a Yeager course. Exact same situation. He's seen his exposure in gun magazines and certain videos.

The OP did a really good job with this post and thread. Many of the negatives and ugly's noted are things that have been spoken of for years regarding combat focus shooting. This first hand experience validates
    all those concerns as being truthful and, even more importantly, still being taught as viable defensive options.

I haven't seen the other forums it's posted on. But even with comments defending the negatives an objective reader can see for themselves it's content and judge if they want this or someone much more versed and
    respected teaching and material wise.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    I posted a copy of this on www.carolinashootersclub.com (I'm from NC). I haven't posted it anywhere else. Here's the link if you need to read the comments: http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...53#post1504853

I never thought this AAR would get such a response. I put a lot of value in other's AAR when I'm looking for training and I just wanted to give a little back to the community. Didn't realize what a lightning rod Pincus is. I certainly wasn't trying to rip him but just give my impressions honestly and with personal editorial. As I mentioned in the original post, I feel there is some value to his philosophy but there's just too many big issues that I can't buy into. Please don't take my review of his course as judgement of him as a person. He wasn't a bad guy, just cocky.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Fair enough. I thought, like others, that the AAR was fair, well written, and honest, without offering any sort of bias for or against Pincus.

I haven't trained with him, but based off other reviews, and his exposure on YouTube and TV, I'll pass. The video discussing shooting with 2 eyes open reminded me of a shooter's version of Bro-science.

Like T2C said before, this has been a great discussion. I wish we had more discussions like this, and more 10+ page ones here in Training and Tactics, vs the ones discussing new hardware.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Didn't realize what a lightning rod Pincus is.
    Understatement. I'm honestly surprised he hadn't shown up though I don't think his last visit here went well for him.

I certainly wasn't trying to rip him but just give my impressions honestly and with personal editorial.
    Which is how it came across.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Understatement. I'm honestly surprised he hadn't shown up though I don't think his last visit here went well for him.
    You mean the one about standing on one foot and kicking the slide to close it reload technique?
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast