Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger

Feedback Score

Glock Trigger

If money was no objection, what do you consider the best after market trigger?

I have a Glock 20 Gen 4 that has the worst trigger I've ever seen on a glock. I currently own a G21, G19 Gen 4, and a G17 Gen 4. They have the standard Glock triggers, but this G20 is just awful.

The break is now where near crisp, it has a mile of take up, and it's heavy as crap! I've owned Glocks my entire adult life, that's what I started with the day I turned 21, so I am experienced shooting Glocks, and have growned a costumed to the gummy triggers Glock comes with. But this thing is just un-real.

I purchased the gun to hunt with, but every time I take it to the range to practice is just not fun. I used a timney trigger tester and it was around the 6lb range. I've never had a Glock that had such a heavy trigger.

This gun will not be used for self defense, it will be a hunting out the deer blind or hog blind.

I've done the polishing on moving parts and such, and though it help to be a bit smoother, it's still heavy.

What would you guys do?

Feedback Score
    Have you installed a (-) disconnector?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Id think about letting a Glock Armorer give it a look see. Might be something wrong, or at least he could swap out some springs or something to help? Just a thought.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sounds like there's something wrong with it. I always swap a "-" connector and smooth face trigger bar, so I'd start there, and see if that improves things. If not, give Glock a call.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    In addition to the above good suggestions, you might try this.....I know it makes a difference in mine:

http://youtu.be/_edmc5iih0E
    If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    The ZEV trigger. Probably the best trigger I have felt on any auto pistol.

I don't have one though. Triggers seem to be a big deal dry firing, but when I'm actually shooting I don't really notice small differences. By small I mean variances in striker guns. DA vs SA or SF you notice obviously.

If you want to keep stock parts, you really can't beat a Gen 3 trigger bar + minus connector.
    Last edited by Trajan; 07-22-14 at 07:23.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    In addition to the above good suggestions, you might try this.....I know it makes a difference in mine:

http://youtu.be/_edmc5iih0E
    That does address all the stamped metal to metal grinding that goes on. Might want to take a look at what we wrote in our Glock threads here: https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...amp-R-Tactical

C4

Feedback Score
    Do you know what trigger is in it? Sounds like you might have one of the heavy triggers in it that law enforcement loves so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I like the Vogel trigger from Glocktriggers if we are just talking about shoot ability. I run oem trigger parts on guns I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Glock triggers are very interesting. When I picked up my third gen 4 19, i decided to install the gen 4 smooth 17 trigger bars in all three plus a gen 4 26, with no other parts changes. Each one has a distinctly different feel to it, with the newest 19 having an outrageously smooth pull to it now. Before I swapped them, the 19 I had designated as a training only gun had well over 20k rounds through it but the trigger still felt just ok. The last gen 4 21 purchased also had a "magic" trigger out of the box, prompting me to try and replicate my 19 experience in a gen3 30 with a smooth trigger swap. The 30 feels better, but nowhere near as good as that new gen 4 21. Everything OEM, with no connector change, with each one feeling very different. I have been following these threads to see if it's worth it to polish stuff inside or not. I am curious to hear from others who have had the same experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast