Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    The parts on the trigger bar that ride on the firing pin block, firing pin cruciform, and connector are the edges of a stamp cut piece.

I've trued them up with a fine stone, but you have to be very careful to not change the angle/engagement of the back where it rides on the firing pin. If they're already fair, a polish will help.

The last two trigger bars I messed with were not sufficiently hard to keep from deforming where the firing pon block rides.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I ordered the Glock Triggers Skimmer. Hopefully this will help. I will keep y'all posted.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A GLOCK 3.5 lb disconnector...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock24/7 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I ordered the Glock Triggers Skimmer. Hopefully this will help. I will keep y'all posted.

Not trying to dissuade you or anything but do a quick search on the skimmer trigger. There is some very knowledgeable people that have found that the skimmer can compromise safety. Again just wanting to pass it on so you can be informed.

Feedback Score
    Question for you all, the other day I did the ".25 glock trigger job" I watched the video a few times before performing it and then took it slow using q-tips, today I went to the range for the first time and everything was working good, the trigger felt smoother which was nice, anyways I was about ~40 rounds from being done for the day and the trigger got really stiff to the point where I could squeeze it harder than normal and nothing happened then all the sudden it fired, it did this multiple times, I cleared the gun, stripped it down to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't see anything wrong so I put it back together and fired off the last 40 rounds without issue, this makes me nervous as it still feels a bit weird while dry firing. I'm considering buying a new factory trigger just to put it back to stock, is there anything I could have messed up polishing it? I didn't use a dremel at all. I can get pictures if needed. I appreciate all the info. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Not trying to dissuade you or anything but do a quick search on the skimmer trigger. There is some very knowledgeable people that have found that the skimmer can compromise safety. Again just wanting to pass it on so you can be informed.
    Will do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 View Post
    Question for you all, the other day I did the ".25 glock trigger job" I watched the video a few times before performing it and then took it slow using q-tips, today I went to the range for the first time and everything was working good, the trigger felt smoother which was nice, anyways I was about ~40 rounds from being done for the day and the trigger got really stiff to the point where I could squeeze it harder than normal and nothing happened then all the sudden it fired, it did this multiple times, I cleared the gun, stripped it down to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't see anything wrong so I put it back together and fired off the last 40 rounds without issue, this makes me nervous as it still feels a bit weird while dry firing. I'm considering buying a new factory trigger just to put it back to stock, is there anything I could have messed up polishing it? I didn't use a dremel at all. I can get pictures if needed. I appreciate all the info. Thanks
    Start a new thread with this question. Don't hi-jack this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    That does address all the stamped metal to metal grinding that goes on. Might want to take a look at what we wrote in our Glock threads here: https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...amp-R-Tactical
    C4
    This is the right way to go about it. Just remember, you can go too far removing material. Grant's method is excellent. Much better results than using a dremel.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 View Post
    snip
    Take it back apart and make sure you lubed all of the contact points.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock24/7 View Post
    If money was no objection, what do you consider the best after market trigger?
    Zev Fulcrum.

You have Glock experience so you probably know this, but chasing a surprise break on a Glock is a fools errand.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 07-27-14 at 20:57.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast