Thread: Seekins m16 bcg

Feedback Score

Seekins m16 bcg

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with the new non-low mass bcg from Seekins? This is the one that I'm referring to: http://www.seekinsprecision.com/m16-...ier-group.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My confidence in Seekins isn't so hot after their lowers came out. They have the tight mag wells and the buffer detent isn't quite right on my two... RE barely catches the detent.

I don't know who did their machining, but I'm sticking with BCM et al for critical AR parts from now on.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I can't speak on their BCG. I did put their "Enhanced Bolt Catches" http://www.seekinsprecision.com/part...olt-catch.html in all our AR's and they work great. I'd probably go with a Colt or BCM BCG if it were me.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I didn't realize you could apply Melonite to chrome finishes.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n00b View Post
    Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with the new non-low mass bcg from Seekins? This is the one that I'm referring to: http://www.seekinsprecision.com/m16-...ier-group.html
    As an "AR-n00b," perhaps it's best for you to stick to known good manufacturers. Being that this is probably the most important part in your AR, I would skip this and instead buy one from Colt, BCM, DD, Sionics, etc.

I bought a Colt BCG from Midway the other day for $140. If you look around, you can find good deals on known good products.

The fact that Seekins lists no specs on their webpage is a problem.

Feedback Score
    I noticed that, too (about the specs). I'm curious to try a BCM. I've heard nothing but good things. I think I'll go for the BCM or Sionics w/the barrel purchase thanks everyone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n00b View Post
    I noticed that, too (about the specs). I'm curious to try a BCM. I've heard nothing but good things. I think I'll go for the BCM or Sionics w/the barrel purchase thanks everyone.
    You cannot go wrong with BCM. IMO, they have the best BCG in the business!