Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a move to Texas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just so that the OP is aware, the locations I recommended are all within an hour of San Antonio, and in some cases are close to another larger city as well (Austin or Corpus Christi). As for the rest, I lived in Wichita Falls previously, and I would agree with wanting to be East of there if you are going to live in the northern part of the state. The problem with that is that you are close to absolutely nothing in terms of a larger city. I don't know what you require in terms of access to quality medical care, but with the details you provided in your original post, that may be something you need to consider.

Having been in pretty much all parts of the state at some point or another, the area that sounds the closest to what you are looking for would be probably within an hour of San Antonio.
    • Close to state units
    • Close to large lakes and the ocean
    • Close to major metro with great medical facilities
    • Not as dry as North Texas
    • Not as humid as Southeast Texas
    • Hill country area with good hunting (we see deer almost constantly when out and about, and many people have hunting camps up in the Hill Country area)
    • Not as flat and windy as the pan handle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._state_prisons

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Best regards,
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the advice. I think it will be at least September before I make the move. At least that means missing the August heat. I guess next will be to see if there's VA care in the areas as well.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12