Thread: X300 Ultra on SR-15 rail. It just doesn't fit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

X300 Ultra on SR-15 rail. It just doesn't fit.

Anyone else experience this? My X300 Ultra has to be FORCED on to the rail on my SR-15. As in I have to hammer it on and off with the side of a bench. I have tried filing the mounts on the X300 down a little and that didn't work. I feel like this is the absolute worst mounting solution possible. Am I wrong for expecting more from surefire?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Have you tried loosening the 6 screws in the mounting tabs a little? The X300s fit...snug...on many rails, I've never had a problem after backing out the screws a turn or two.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^This.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've had the same experience with an X300 on my Centurion Arms rail. If you work it on and off the rail multiple times it will "soften up" its grip but it won't soften to the point it pops off.

If for some reason that doesn't work, Inforce offers their WMLx in 500 Lumens with the roll on and lock system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    Have you tried loosening the 6 screws in the mounting tabs a little? The X300s fit...snug...on many rails, I've never had a problem after backing out the screws a turn or two.
    This is what SureFire CS told me when I called with the same issue (not on an SR-15). I've had 3 X series lights, they fit tight at first on most rails I've tried, sometimes they loosen up after a bit of use. I've been using the rail mount lately, thinking it may be easier to get the light on/off easier if I don't have to pull down the tabs on the standard mount while simultaneously pulling the light on/off, I'm still undecided on if this helps, but it does not hurt any.