Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCM barrel

Feedback Score

Which BCM barrel

I'm building a precision AR and don't know too much about barrels. I was looking at the 20" barrels on the BCM website and was hoping some one could answer a question, will I get more accuracy out of the standard barrel with a 1/7 twist or the SAM R barrel with the 1/8 twist?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    I'm building a precision AR and don't know too much about barrels. I was looking at the 20" barrels on the BCM website and was hoping some one could answer a question, will I get more accuracy out of the standard barrel with a 1/7 twist or the SAM R barrel with the 1/8 twist?

Go with their SS barrels. I personally run the 16."

C4

Feedback Score
    My theory is if I put the money in the barrel, trigger and scope and can get by with spending less on the other components.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What ammo will you shoot? What distances will you want to shoot? What are you accuracy expectations?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Ammo will be an experiment to see what performs the best. There is a range close to my house that goes out to a thousand yards, I'm hoping to be accurate to six hundred max. I've never done long distance so I don't want to spend beyond my skills if that makes sense.

Feedback Score
    But I would also like to have something decent to start with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    With a decent scope, ANY BCM barrel (but probably SS), and 77 gr SMKs, you'll be shooting 600 yards no problem.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    My WOA 18" varmint upper with 1 in 7" twist on top of a Colt LE 6920 lower with a SSA-E trigger shoots less than 1/2" five shot groups at 100 yds. Give them a call they may have them in stock and ready to go. The 20" are only $285 with fitted gas manifold.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcar...cat=250&page=2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Go with their SS barrels. I personally run the 16."

C4
    Sorry for the rookie question. Is the ss410 16" 1/8 twist barrel a good one for a precision ar? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiral View Post
    Sorry for the rookie question. Is the ss410 16" 1/8 twist barrel a good one for a precision ar? Thanks!
    A big YES!

I personally like the 18's a bit better but 16's are more than capable shooting at 500+ yards and making grin groups.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast