Thread: Springfield Loaded Question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Springfield Loaded Question

Alright, 1911 gurus, take me to school. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to add a 1911 to my stable to keep in the family and pass on eventually. I settled on the parkerized loaded with night sights, wit he intention of sending it to the SACS for stippling and whatever else they sell me on.

Right now the gun had run flawlessly. I have literally never taken it apart, lubed it, cleaned it, or done anything other than load tthe magazines that came with it. 458 rounds of ball and jhp later, it's running strong. Now before I send it off, I'd like to replace this guiderod system. What say you? Specifically, what parts do I need? I'd also like to replace the ils and put a flat trigger in it. How hard is this process? Dora the msh need any fitting? I would prefer to do it myself until I have to send it to sacs. Any recommendations?

I already put a set of desert vz aliens on it, so my grips are good to go, and I'm not going to freak out about what mim parts are on it....yet... Unless someone says I should...

Let me know what you guys think. I have a great example. It just stacks rounds and hasn't had a hiccup, but I'm probably just lucky for once in my life.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I like real Colt guide rods and plugs. You can buy 'em from colt.com.

You can keep your MSH and just get a mainspring cap and cap pin, and a 22lb mainspring from Colt.

Flat trigger will be a little more involved. I like the 3 hole that comes on the Loaded.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would go with the GI guide rod and plug. The MSH might need fitting depending on the brand.