Thread: Companies that do bbl work/etc?

Feedback Score

Companies that do bbl work/etc?

Who can give me some names of companies that do the following?

1. Barrel profile work? (specifically, need a medium/medium heavy contour bbl, turned down to a lighter weight profile, or something like an M4-ish type profile.). Also need it turned down to LW profile under the handguards.

2. Re-parkerize? or phosphate the current black finish back to new again.

It would be really nice to find someone that has a decent turnaround time, instead of weeks/months.
    That said, I suppose I will have to take what I can get.
    I just need pointing in the right direction.

BTW,
    I think that AR15barrels.com does this work, but I'm not too sure about their turnaround times, or the ease of contacting them. I would love to use him, as I know he's great at this type of work, but I just want to get up a list of companies, and I really don't know anyone else to try, other than possibly ADCO, who is probably also going to tell me it's a weeks/months wait.
    As I said, I'll take what I can get, but it would be nice to get a DECENT turnaround time.
    Thanks so much for your help guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used and recommend ADCO. I had them turn a heavy light under the handguards and repark. It took longer for the barrel to ship from SC to them in Ohio than it took for them to do the work. All told probably 10 days from when I shipped it off to when I had it back. That was probably this time last year.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ADCO has always had a good turnaround for me as well.

Feedback Score
    I got my barrel back from adco in just over a week, and that was earlier this month. Sent it in on 5/28 and got it back on 6/6. Went out priority and came back UPS. I only had a gas block pinned, but if you follow their directions, the turn around is quick and the fees are very reasonable IMO.

Feedback Score
    Ok guys, ADCO it is.

Any recommendations on what bbl profile I should choose for my MRP? Of course, the goal is to ligthen the upper as much as possible, without ending up with some funky tiny little pencil bbl.
    Also, I've always loved the looks of a standard Colt 6920's bbl, with the M4 Profile/M203 cut.
    However, I'm not sure. How about the Noveske N4 cut? Apparently it's a gradual taper, I think?
    How do I relay to ADCO exactly what I want done? Must I draw it out to scale, or rough draw it out and include dimensions?
    This is going to be the hard part. Determining the bbl profile I want, without seeing them in front of me.
    I just need some recommendations, and pics. Is AR15barrels.com the only site that shows different profile pics?
    Thanks guys. I just don't want to send this bbl off to ADCO, and have communication problem, and end up with something I didn't want.

Final question:
    Will the reparkerize/rephosphate job on this MRP bbl look EXACTLY as the finish did when it left LMT? Do they have to repark the entire bbl, or just the portion that was cut?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Email them. They are good about comms. Tell them what you want or what your goals are and see what they have to say.

-RD62