Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning and servicing ejector

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes, I do, and I never thought of them.

Thanks muchly!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awesome thread! Plenty of great info on here. Im tempted to snag a bag of each. Springs too. One day i want to take IGs course, learn and train more, get an FFL and assemble ARs!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I use the pill pouches from any drug store, usually come in a 100 pack. You can place individual parts into each one then group lower/upper/etc parts in a larger bag or into the Plano type box. I find I'm always using these bags for small parts/pieces-or even pills-old people stuff.
    I know this ruffles feathers, but if people would simply do the normal maintenance, which includes cleaning on the platform "they" wouldn't be having all of these issues that seem to plaque them. Yes parts wear and break but most is user related.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Good point. I don't do the OCD stuff they taught us in boot camp, but a decent clean and lube after a range trip is very easy to do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I service mine once in every 1000 rounds or if it ever starts acting up (which has yet to happen)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great information. I placed an order for all of those parts as well. I am sure they will be very nice to have on hand.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Bringing this back to life.

I cleaned one of my rifles today after going to the range. I broke down the ejector. I have had the tool forever but have never done it.

It was so clogged up it with brass shavings it was a bitch to get it out. Pin is all buggered up. Spring is full of shavings too and also hard to remove.

I had just shot (80) rounds through it without a single issue. Is all the build up in there normal?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Bringing this back to life.

I cleaned one of my rifles today after going to the range. I broke down the ejector. I have had the tool forever but have never done it.

It was so clogged up it with brass shavings it was a bitch to get it out. Pin is all buggered up. Spring is full of shavings too and also hard to remove.

I had just shot (80) rounds through it without a single issue. Is all the build up in there normal?
    Sounds excessive to me. I've seen flakes in there but even after 5K+ rounds not to the degree you described. Every rifle is different. Sounds like your mileage varied.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am sorry, it has about 4k rounds in total on it. The (80) rounds were what I had just shot that afternoon.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I am sorry, it has about 4k rounds in total on it. The (80) rounds were what I had just shot that afternoon.
    You're GTG. I'd make sure to check it again after another 4K.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast