Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO Emergency Preparedness Kit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LEO Emergency Preparedness Kit

Can you recommend items for a LEO Emergency Preparedness Kit? I live in Michigan so snow storms are a guarantee. Maybe you can recommend a home kit and car kit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone have any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I saw this yesterday. Absent maybe taking your radio and a reflective vest home, I'm not sure how your kit would be much different than a non-LEO's.

If you're talking about a kit for your work ride, I'd add some extra layers, a couple blankets, road flares, non perishable food and water, and some yaktrax or a similar product. I also keep 24 hours of extra clothes and toiletries in my locker in case I can't get home or am held over for an emergency. An MRE or two, a cell phone charger, and a magazine, book, or playing cards are also good ideas.

All depends on what you already have at home, what your commune is like, and what your jurisdiction is like.
    Last edited by Chameleox; 07-24-14 at 20:57.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    OP, maybe you can explain a little more about what you're looking for. I carry a fair amount of stuff while on duty simply because I might be 2 townships away from my locker room when inclement weather hits or I simply get stuck at a crime scene for 8 hours past the end of my scheduled shift. I don't carry my personal BOB while on duty, but as was said there's a lot of stuff that plays a dual role on duty and off duty
    * My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion only and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*

Feedback Score
    In the winter, Yaktrax are my lifeline.

Daily in car carry besides Tac Gear (based on extra assignment as well as Active Assailant, Violent Crime oriented gear)
    3 liters of water
    1-3 MRE's
    Assorted Snacks - Cliff Bars, Trail Mix, Beef Jerky, etc.
    Charging cables for phone, duty light, etc. I keep a wall charger for the phone in addition to the car charger
    Batteries for all electronics - CR123a's, AA's, AAA's, etc.
    Book
    iPod or similar with head phones - works if you are involved in a OIS/Critical Incident and waiting long periods of time to be interviewed or released to head home. Same with if your injured and have to sit in a ER/Hospital, or stitting on a crime scene.
    Tea Bags - Black, Green and Peppermint for upset stomach
    Starbucks VIA
    Shemagh

During the summer:
    2 extra liters of water
    Sunblock
    "Boonie" hat
    Electrolytes in the form of Vitalyte tubes.

Winter:
    Jet Boil with large can of fuel
    1-2 Mountain House meals
    Extra coat (Dirty Bird ATOM-LT)
    Extra Gloves/Stocking Cap/Socks
    Yaktrax

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I can't believe that I missed this thread the first time around. Very interesting. I cannot speak from the LEO point of view but I will post my simi-permissive environment list with some changes that might fit....once I dig it up..
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great topic. Just a couple of questions. Do you have a take home squad? What kind of emergencies(I know this is kind of a dumb question)? What I'm getting at is are you including active shooter as an emergency or are you already equipped for this? In my take home squad(Ford Explorer interceptor)in the very back I have my snivel gear and other emergency gear(I work in central MN). Behind my seat I have my active shooter gear. Plate carrier with 6 mags, a bag to sling over my shoulder that carries water, snacks, extra mags(pistol and rifle, I also carry an extra rifle mag(20 rd pmag) on my duty belt) eye/ear protection, extra lights, batteries, knife, 550 cord, some first aid stuff(I also carry a small kit in my right cargo pocket at all times) and binos. I also have an extra bandoleer that carries another 6 mags. The bag is not real big just trying to keep the weight down since I have soft and heavy armor in the plate carrier and the 6 mags. In the winter time I'll throw in extra winter gear. Hope this helps.
    Training Director
    Learning Firearms
    www.learningfirearms.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    In my Do All deployment pack I carry the following (as best I can remember off the top of my head)

1 MRE
    2 alluminum liter water bottls
    1 Poncho liner (good for warmth, shade, comfortable lay down, etc)
    1 Bdu coat
    1 extra pair of Socks
    1 Poncho (incase it's raining)
    1 Pelican case with spare batteries
    1 pair compac Binoculars
    1 pair Gloves
    1 silver emergency blanket thing
    1 small "tactical" smoke grenade
    2 30 round Pmag clips
    Paracord on a small spool thingy

And in the small utility pouch...

Knife, matches, fire starting flint, military strobe, Medical kit with Izzy emergency bandage, ear plugs, pain killers, tac light, and multi tool.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Huldra128 View Post
    Great topic. Just a couple of questions. Do you have a take home squad? What kind of emergencies(I know this is kind of a dumb question)? What I'm getting at is are you including active shooter as an emergency or are you already equipped for this? In my take home squad(Ford Explorer interceptor)in the very back I have my snivel gear and other emergency gear(I work in central MN). Behind my seat I have my active shooter gear. Plate carrier with 6 mags, a bag to sling over my shoulder that carries water, snacks, extra mags(pistol and rifle, I also carry an extra rifle mag(20 rd pmag) on my duty belt) eye/ear protection, extra lights, batteries, knife, 550 cord, some first aid stuff(I also carry a small kit in my right cargo pocket at all times) and binos. I also have an extra bandoleer that carries another 6 mags. The bag is not real big just trying to keep the weight down since I have soft and heavy armor in the plate carrier and the 6 mags. In the winter time I'll throw in extra winter gear. Hope this helps.
    I differentiate my Active Assailant, Medical, etc kit from my cold weather/hot weather kit. I keep kit for all the possibilities of response needs in my vehicle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I waited to reply to let this topic generate some steam. I have a take home car. I am basically looking for a kit for on and off duty that can handle majority of what you may run into be it a natural disaster, long winter storm, active shooter, barricaded gun man, etc. Do you prefer a bag or pack? Examples?

I like that someone broke it up by climate (winter v. summer kit). docsherm were you able to locate your list? This has been a good discussion, if anyone else has something to offer please keep it going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast