Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most impressive .300 BLK factory super-shorty

Feedback Score

Most impressive .300 BLK factory super-shorty

I'm looking for a pre-built rifle with a barrel 10.5 or shorter, preferably shorter. The handguard should be slim and low-profile, preferably keymod but rail sections will work too. The muzzle device needs to accept suppressors, obviously. I actually have more interest running this gun with supers, since I want it to retain as much velocity and expansion as possible. Who has the best track record for reliability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why are you opposed to building one with everything you want?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacti-square View Post
    I'm looking for a pre-built rifle with a barrel 10.5 or shorter, preferably shorter. The handguard should be slim and low-profile, preferably keymod but rail sections will work too. The muzzle device needs to accept suppressors, obviously. I actually have more interest running this gun with supers, since I want it to retain as much velocity and expansion as possible. Who has the best track record for reliability?
    Both the AAC upper as well as the Daniel Defense upper have great track records, the only differences are the fact that DD cold hammer forges their barrel and the AAC IIRC is Cut rifled, the DD is 1:8" and the AAC is 1:7, the DD would have a full lite rail and the AAC will have a URX 3.1 rail with short picatinny rails at the front and back with smooth sections in the middle, the length of the barrel on the AAC is 9" the DD is 10.3", and the Muzzle device on the AAC is set up for their Sound Suppressors where the DD is just a flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it was me I would get the DD and sell/trade the DD rail and get a rail and muzzle device of your choice.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    The AAC 9" or Noveske 8.2" factory uppers are going to be the best fit for you. Fit your needs exactly.

Feedback Score
    I have an AAC MPW 9" 300BLK complete rifle. It comes with a Geissele trigger, nickel boron bolt carrier, Knights URX 3.1 rail, AAC 51T Flashider, Magpul furniture...all standard. I would add many of these parts anyway so it is great the rifle came with them. I have an AAC 762-SDN can so I would definitely need the 51T.

The finish on the rifle is superior to that of any AR I have ever purchased in the last 20 years. You will know what I mean when you sit it next to any other AR.

I have shot many 100s of rounds of a wide variety of supers and subs, mostly suppressed. I have not had a single issue or hiccup. The barrel is top notch and is very accurate and consistent. Couldn't be happier.

I'm sure the Noveske and DD are nice as well. I chose the AAC because it had all the parts I wanted on it already and saved me from having to spend a few hundred more on a trigger and flashider.

Last edited by harrishmasher; 07-24-14 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    Its a long wait but I would take a seriously look at the Spikes Tactical Compressor. you can buy the upper seperate which I believe are in stock

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I went with the 8.2" Noveske, but really felt it could go shorter...

I just completed a 1/8 6" barreled 300blk sbr. It will be used with a thunder beast arms 30pss suppressor. Total length is 11". We are atill testing bullet stability. I'll post pics in a couple of weeks when I get the handguard and everything setup...

Feedback Score
    DD is arguably my favorite black rifle company, but I can't say enough about the AAC 9" 300 blackout upper. I had one cerakoted to match my FDE KAC SBR lower, and it's my go-to HD/SD rifle.

Shooting Remington Express Rifle 220 grain OTM subsonic ammo, the thing is an utter tack driver, and stupid quiet.

Here are some pics of my setup:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keep an eye out for Noveske uppers with their new Hybrid NSR and Silencerco Trifecta flash hider.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Mike K.
    ROG Tactical

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast