Thread: Streamlight Tape switch

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

Streamlight Tape switch

I am thinking about buying a Streamlight TLR1 HL to mount at the 12 o'clock on a mid length and using their tape switch along with it but I can't seem to find much info about it. Does anyone here have any experience with it? The plan is to mount it on a 13" rail in front of a DD fixed front sight but my only concern if the wire it 10" long.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the wire is not 10" long. the wire is more like 4" long, which is actually still too long for my application. I have one mounted on a mossie midnight mount, tape switch mounted with the supplied rail mount adapters at 12 o clock. I have the tape switch mounted so that the tail of the wire is point toward the rear of the rifle in order to take up some wire slack. if it were pointed toward the light then there would have to be some rolling or otherwise dressing of wires. with the wire pointing toward the rear of the rifle it loops against the side rail of the handguard and can be dressed there without rolling.

side note is that the rail adapters are actually pretty nice. they're molded pretty roughly, so you might have to go in with an hobby knife or similarly agile cutting tool and clean some edges up so that the adapter hooks into the rails flush and tight.
    Last edited by trinydex; 07-29-14 at 13:10.