Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AR15 prices falling like bricks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

AR15 prices falling like bricks.

DD offering financing, Colts in the $800s, BCM giving free BCGs with upper receiver purchases...

Just how bad are things for manufacturers right now? Did Sandy Hook create any new consumers or did everyone just buy last year the rifle that they would've normally bought this year?

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Can you say:

Buyer's market?

Yup.

Thank you Obummer.

Feedback Score
    I've yet to see top tier AR's prices plummet that low at any local shop, or online. Who knows though.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    well the economy is still in the dumps too... without a panic to get people to impulse buy i imagine things are tapering off quite severely.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They all got bought up after sandy hook and Obama's gun control circus, demand shot through the roof so the manufacturers started making them as fast as they could, then everybody who wanted one got one and we ended up with a surplus of ar-15's. I just bought another colt 6920 on gunbroker for $799, add $30 shipping and $50 transfer fee and it was $879 before tax. Can't complain about that. Pre sandy hook prices were what? $1100?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    They all got bought up after sandy hook and Obama's gun control circus, demand shot through the roof so the manufacturers started making them as fast as they could, then everybody who wanted one got one and we ended up with a surplus of ar-15's. I just bought another colt 6920 on gunbroker for $799, add $30 shipping and $50 transfer fee and it was $879 before tax. Can't complain about that. Pre sandy hook prices were what? $1100?
    3 months after Sandy Hook 6920's here in DFW were going for up to $3K..... People are stupid.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryantx23 View Post
    3 months after Sandy Hook 6920's here in DFW were going for up to $3K..... People are stupid.
    I remember that, they wanted $2500-$3000 for used rifles at the local shops here. No new ones to be found. It was nuts.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I remember that, they wanted $2500-$3000 for used rifles at the local shops here. No new ones to be found. It was nuts.
    Holy Price Gouging, Batman.

I've got my two ARs and one AK and 10,000 rounds for each platform.

I'm not expecting an Apocalypse, but ... one can never have too much of this kind of thing.
    Last edited by ptmccain; 07-25-14 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Holy Price Gouging, Batman.
    That's nothing.... I watched a dude standing in line at the gun show at Dallas Market Hall buy 2 Olympic Arms AR's for $3750 cash money. Insane is what that was....

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    DD offering financing, Colts in the $800s, BCM giving free BCGs with upper receiver purchases...

Just how bad are things for manufacturers right now? Did Sandy Hook create any new consumers or did everyone just buy last year the rifle that they would've normally bought this year?
    sweet jesus... thank you sir, I just bought an upper.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast