Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FNX Series

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

FNX Series

When FN introduced the FNP a few years ago, I owned two--a 9mm and 40 S&W. Both had design error magazine issues. The 40 S&W broke a front rail, and the 9 developed a glitch in the module containing the sear mechanism. FN fixed both pistols, although the mag issues remained. Also I had an FNP .45 that had the same type mag issues. At that time, FN required that any defective FNP handgun be returned to them for repair. No parts were available.

That's all changed. FN's FNX pistols are refined versions free of the previous issues. Parts including complete slides and barrels are available from MGW(Midwest Gun Works). MGW is a Browning/FN warranty repair center. Prices for the FNX parts are very reasonable. I bought a new FNX 40 and really like it. After I put a few hundred rounds through it, I'll post more information. I've shot it 150 times to check function and point of impact. So far, so good. FN ships it with three mags. The FNX is bigger than a Glock 19 and won't lend itself to effortless concealed carry. It lacks the elegant simplicity of the Glock, but does show FN quality in its manufacture.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had one of the FNX pistols in 9mm and I thought it was really nice. I ended up giving it to my bro-in-law as a gift but I wouldn't mind having one. Mine was a great pistol at any price.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Recently, I've had two friends buy FNX45s, and they both love them. I'm looking for an FNX45 in FDE myself. I've shot the FNX40 before, and found it to be a good pistol as well. What surprises me is that they are talked about so little, and yet, to me anyways, they seem to be rock solid pistols that have features and a feel that surpasses other polymer pistols. Odd. Guess I'm just an FNH fanboy.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've got a FNX 9 and 45. For some reason I shoot the 45 better. I really like the factory sights. I only wish the safety lever placement was closer to the HK. The back of the safety lever hits the base of my thumb when ridding the safety. David

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The one's I've handled seemed to be really well made, but a bit larger than necessary.

Feedback Score
    I was very interested in the .45 when these came out until I heard about the issues that people were having with them. I really hope FN got the bugs worked out of them as I would love to try one out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 9 and 40 hammer guns have a less than stellar track record. I've yet to see one make it through a class without some kind of failure.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had an FN 45 Tactical, awesome gun.

I shot the FNX9 on a few occasions, I enjoyed it, even for a hammer-equipped pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    The 9 and 40 hammer guns have a less than stellar track record. I've yet to see one make it through a class without some kind of failure.
    FNX, FNP, or both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Could you elaborate some? Are we talking parts failure or a malfunction?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast