Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry Ammo - Training, not Equipment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I dont shoot games, so if yours contention that people will cheat at games then sure I agree.

Edit: any of you who argue this shoot games with defensive ammo? I doubt it, so the contention is moot.
    actually, when i shot 3gun and IPDA, I did so with my full power carry load for years. and yeah, i was at a disadvantage (edit to add: and I know quite a few others who do the same, as they treat 'games' like good trigger time to practice)
    Last edited by taliv; 08-06-14 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    actually, when i shot 3gun and IPDA, I did so with my full power carry load for years. and yeah, i was at a disadvantage (edit to add: and I know quite a few others who do the same, as they treat 'games' like good trigger time to practice)
    Its a game.

Not a metric for reality.

Feedback Score
    Its a game.

not debating that at all.

just pointing out that if the difference in recoil between powder puff loads, wally world white box and SD ammo didn't matter, then it wouldn't be possible to cheat in pistol games by using weaker ammo. offhand i would have thought that was self evident

Feedback Score
    Its a game.

What do you consider a metric for reality?
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    not debating that at all.

just pointing out that if the difference in recoil between powder puff loads, wally world white box and SD ammo didn't matter, then it wouldn't be possible to cheat in pistol games by using weaker ammo. offhand i would have thought that was self evident
    I understand the connection between the two but gaming has no weight on reality. The whole point is moot in the comparison of the two.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Thanks for your post.

At 7y there is no real tangable difference at speed. My splits were in the .14-.21 area and all hits were accurate. The recoil impulse people talk about does not matter as much as they believe, its just a point of contention most can think of. At 25y is where some rounds go slightly left. This was not me, as I had others (who are more accurate than me) try with same setup of loads. This whole thing was done before I had a blog and probably before I had an account on thus forum.

Furthermore, as I stated many times and people seem to have selective ignorance on this, no one here will ever be able to say with any accuracy what kind of situation they will ever be in, so choosing one round and hoping it will do everything you want it to do is shortsighted. Ive seen duty loads not go through windshields. Ive seen them not penetrate doors on a house, ive seen heavy layers stop slow fps rounds and ive seen poor shot placement to the head (several rounds and occasions) not put a person down.

So whatever logical mechanism that is telling people that they should only have one type of ammo in thier magazine, it has not been tasted against reality. Having seen first hand what different ammo does in different situations, both on the range and on the street, my experience disagrees.

Also, some talk about court and the legal issues that may arise from different ammo. Cite me a case. Ive seen cases where the shooter had different ammo in his gun, one specifically that I remember being in court for and there was no contention or discussion.
    To a point you are correct (ISH) but isn't that why we select ammo the may not be the best in every situation, but will have the highest overall average performance? Clearly you can say shot placement is king, that is no new concept.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    To a point you are correct (ISH) but isn't that why we select ammo the may not be the best in every situation, but will have the highest overall average performance? Clearly you can say shot placement is king, that is no new concept.
    Nothing I am talking about is new, just was a good time to post it.

As for ammo, like I said, experience tells me I need more than one type can offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123