Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR on pistols?

Feedback Score

RMR on pistols?

Thinking about sending a Glock 19 off to ATEI to get work done it would also be carried on my CCW. I have a training course coming up in March I would use it in. is it worth it or no?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    For me no. I had about 1200 into my upper half with the RMR included and match grade threaded barrel. Nice set up. At the end of the day though, I did not really like it. I will say I probably did not give it enough of a chance. I found it was way to easy to loose the dot at night, which is when I would need it the most. I also hoped it would help me get tighter groups at longer range due to the ease of aiming, but found that I shot the same groups. Plus finding holsters and stuff is a pain.

With the amount I had invested in mine, I was left pretty unsatisfied.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have $835 into mine and I am still liking it. My slide was milled for the Unity Tactical Atom mount with an RMR07 by L&M Precision. I think he sells complete Glock 19's with RMR's in the $1200 range. Check his website.

I have only 400-500 rounds through mine. I don't have any issue finding the dot on presentation or followup shots and my speed and accuracy at 25y is greatly improved. Next one I do will get the RMR06.

There is a huge thread on LF. Lots of good info there from shooters with a greater degree of experience than me.

Feedback Score
    Yes It's worth it I love mine! My early Gen3 two pin 19 all work done by MOD1

Feedback Score
    Yeah thanks for the input I am def stuck in the middle and this alone has swayed me against it. I want to try one out but still have yet to meet anyone with it done.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I can make arrangements for anyone in NorCal (707) to try mine out.

Feedback Score
    That would be cool I live in Fresno though, thanks for the offer though if I possibly make it up that way I may take you up on it!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's always best to try before you buy. While I'm sure RDS on pistols is the future I don't think we have the ideal setups yet.

Feedback Score
    I have a one source tactical / tsd Glock 19 with RMR. I love it. However there is a learning curve. Took me about 4 months of range and dry fire to equal what I had with irons. Another 2 months to see improvement. I think it's worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There has been a little concern with the RMR and wet weather conditions. You can read of one such case by going here...

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=4096

I haven't any experience with the RMR so please don't think I'm knocking it. Just thought to share the info. You can judge on your own if it's service ready.
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast