Thread: QD Swivel Clearance on C4 Rail

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

QD Swivel Clearance on C4 Rail

I have ordered the Centurion Arms midlength cutout rail and would like to utilize the front qd socket in conjunction with the thorntail mount for a 11:00 light placement. My question is with this configuration will it allow to utilize the forward qd without interfering with the thorntail mount and light? I see in Haley's video of this mount he briefly shows it mounted on a c4 but doesn't talk about the accessibility to the front qd.
    I've been rockin a moe handguard with the iwc micro mount at the rear of the hg for several years now but would like to start running the sling up front to utilize barricade stabilization techniques. The other benefit I see to this is it allows for increased stability when slung on your back, less flopping around like when riding 4 wheelers/snow machines etc...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What Thorntail mount? If a 1913 I don't think it will work. This isn't on a C4 but the pic will give you an idea of what you have to work with. http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...e-light-mount/ I don't think you can use the slot with the clamp screw in it if you are thinking about moving it back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.haleystrategic.com/store/thorntail.php
    This is the one I am looking at. The light will be a stream light protac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A few days late. I have a centurion c4 midlength cutout on on of my rifles. I initially tried to use the iwc/haley thorntail with a surefire g2x. It did interfere with the front qd socket. This set up for the wml does too. I just ended up mounting a qd along the side which ive been happy with so far