Thread: Gen2 20rd Pmags not working with DD V7

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My brother got a DD V7 in trade and his 3 20rd gen2 Pmags do not drop free and sometimes cause ftf.

The same mags work perfectly fine in his psa lower with a 11.5" upper.

30rd gen2/gen3 pmags and Brownells 30rd aluminum mags work fine in the V7.

To our untrained eyes nothing looks wrong with the mags or the magwell.

At this point he is ok if they don't work with the V7 since he bought them for his PSA pistol build.

Thought it was interesting any ideas?
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the gen 2 20s have a pretty good history of being spotty in the reliability department with certain rifles. I would say it with pretty good certainty since I don't think Magpul even makes them anymore(Haven't seen them in just about forever) while they do still produce the Gen 2/MOE mags. I would just right it off as a training/range mag, and if the need for 20 rounders arises grab some gen 3 20s or USGI 20 rounders.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I believe the gen 2 20s have a pretty good history of being spotty in the reliability department with certain rifles. I would say it with pretty good certainty since I don't think Magpul even makes them anymore(Haven't seen them in just about forever) while they do still produce the Gen 2/MOE mags. I would just right it off as a training/range mag, and if the need for 20 rounders arises grab some gen 3 20s or USGI 20 rounders.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    My brother got a DD V7 in trade and his 3 20rd gen2 Pmags do not drop free and sometimes cause ftf.

The same mags work perfectly fine in his psa lower with a 11.5" upper.

30rd gen2/gen3 pmags and Brownells 30rd aluminum mags work fine in the V7.

To our untrained eyes nothing looks wrong with the mags or the magwell.

At this point he is ok if they don't work with the V7 since he bought them for his PSA pistol build.

Thought it was interesting any ideas?
    Think you missed this part. Thanks though.
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 07-28-14 at 02:01.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What Kain is saying is they may work in one gun but not work in another.
    There are several threads about this and I haven't found a cause or reason why the gen 2 20rd pmags have these issues. The few 20rounders gen 2 I have work in my bcm but jam every time with my noveske. I did find one that works in the noveske with 77gr bullets (mk262) but still jams every round with 55gr bullets. I have no clue as to why.

My resolution was to buy gen 3 20rd mags. They function perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    What Kain is saying is they may work in one gun but not work in another.
    There are several threads about this and I haven't found a cause or reason why the gen 2 20rd pmags have these issues. The few 20rounders gen 2 I have work in my bcm but jam every time with my noveske. I did find one that works in the noveske with 77gr bullets (mk262) but still jams every round with 55gr bullets. I have no clue as to why.

My resolution was to buy gen 3 20rd mags. They function perfectly.
    Yeah I see that now my googlefu let me down. When I searched for an answer I added the V7 LW. Now I understand why I saw a lot for sale.

Feedback Score
    I hate that they stopped selling them, but understand why when I looked into the problems.
    A straight 20 rd mag is much better looking than a stubby curved one.
    My sample of 1 (one) has had no issues...yet.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO