Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro/ not retro AR custom Build

Feedback Score

Retro/ not retro AR custom Build

Ok so I don't know where to start this, but I need info. I have several ar‘s and NFA firearms, but I want heads to turn. I'm wanting to build a AR-15 with a A1 buttstock, a partially fenced lower, A1 pistol grip, a rifle length gas port 16" barrel with the colt sp1 barrel thickness, a 4.5" XM-177 flash and sound moderator, a vietnam style forearm, and a A4 upper. My ultimate question where can i find the parts and for the lowest price? Also would this be a cool firearm?
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Do you truly want a rifle length gas system with a 16 inch barrel? For just a dissipator upper PSA has one on sale right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Do you truly want a rifle length gas system with a 16 inch barrel? For just a dissipator upper PSA has one on sale right now.
    Thank you and yes I want a rifle length stock. Im not a fan of short forearms.
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Thank you and yes I want a rifle length stock. Im not a fan of short forearms.
    The dissy's use rifle handguards just have the gas port under them at the carbine or mid position for more reliable function. As to cool the A4 upper will be totally out of place on this rifle. IMO why bother to source a partial fence lower?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 08-17-14 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    As to cool the A4 upper will bt totally out of place on this rifle.
    I totally agree, the A4 will look completely out of place but maybe that will be the head turner he's looking for (for all the wrong reasons).
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    www.AR15Sport.com

They have tons or Retro parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The dissy's use rifle handguards just have the gas port under them at the carbine or mid position for more reliable function. As to cool the A4 upper will be totally out of place on this rifle. IMO why bother to source a partial fence lower?
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    I totally agree, the A4 will look completely out of place but maybe that will be the head turner he's looking for (for all the wrong reasons).
    I've looked at the Dissy's I like that feature under the forearm. I want a Partial fenced lower because I don't like the fence around the mag release because I have slightly longer fingers and the mag won't positively eject because of that ridge just past the button. I also know that a A4 upper would be out of place, I like the ability to mount optics with ease, cause I own an Legal full auto Colt SP1 that I converted in 79' so if I wanted a M16 look alike to go with my real one; I would build one, but the A1 upper sucks when mounting optics. I love the Triangular forearm for the feel (come on why would so many rifles use them for over 50+ years) and I kind of need to know where to get the retro parts aside from the Upper receiver. I mean I get heads to turn because my Colt is a Colt with a legal auto sear in it, Its just I want heads to turn because my gun is weird not because its a full auto colt.
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 08-21-14 at 16:00.
    - Anonymous
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Sportsmans Guide also has retro parts.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...-kit?a=1143546
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sarco has a good supply as well.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ar15m16.aspx
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Turning heads at the range is FUN... Had a guy scoff & poo poo me when I was testing my AR-180 that I built a lower that takes AR mags and FCG group... He shut up and put his plastic Shrubmaster AR away after I destroyed the 4 inch steel spinner at 100 yards with iron sights... He left when I took out my AR-15's and HK-93...

Back on your topic...
    You could go with a Dissy upper and a PRI Rifle Length Delta Free Float they have a nice triangle shape...
    Iron fixed rear sight and optic...
    The modern retro look...
    There was a guy on TOS that used to make nice copies of the Colt Modarators and Grenade Rings...
    They come up for sale used now and then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast