Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SBR or Pistol

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    A pistol is as useless as tits on a lightning bolt. SBR all the way.

My 11.5 bcm pistol disagrees.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If your lower already has a buffer tube and stock, go the SBR route. If you buy the Sig brace kit, its more money then the SBR stamp. Im assuming you already have 16+ inch uppers, so just shoot those until you get your stamp back. If your just packing up and heading out of town at the last second and didnt give the propper notice to ATF to travel, just use a 16 inch upper. If you know your leaving 6 weeks in advance, your good to go. Ive had an expedited notice come back in just over 2 weeks one time. IMO the sig brace is ok, but will never be a true SBR replacement. Just one of those, I want a SBR but couldn't wait 6 months kinda things.. If you already have a trust, the SBR route is cheaper too... Just the way I look at it..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    My 11.5 bcm pistol disagrees.
    My 10.3" DD pistol agrees with your 11.5 bcm pistol's disagreement.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Why not build two lowers, one as a pistol when traveling, and the other as an SBR? just swap uppers as you go.
    This is what I have. One SBR lower and a sig brace lower. Best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    If you don't like the arm brace and have shot with you it, you have already answered your own questions. The sig arm brace is a great way to hold you over until your paper works comes in. I ran my BCM 11.5'' for a year with an arm brace till my paper work came through. It is worth it to go the SBR route and you can recycle the arm brace on a different gun when you are done.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    A pistol is as useless as tits on a lightning bolt. SBR all the way.
    ^^^^^^^

This is the truth.

AR pistols are noval at best. If you want a toy to show your friends then get a pistol and put one of those arm things on it until the ATF outlaws them. If you want a serious carbine than SBR it and drive on.

For traveling out of state I only take my 14.5" (with perm FH). It is easier that way.....break it down and be done with it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I happen to have both. The brace works fine. It shoulders and shoots just fine. It is not more expensive than SBRing. An SBR requires a butt stock that may or may not cost more than a brace that can be found for $109. It requires the cost of engraving if building on Form 1, including shipping, and it requires the stamp.
    Lots of "pistols are toys" comments. I agree. A pistol with the brace is not a toy though. Hate it all you want. Bash it. Laugh at owners. Don't buy one. But don't think for a minute it doesn't work.

OP, what isn't comfortable? Adding a KAK spacer will move the rubber back so the RE doesn't press on your shoulder.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, they didn't use AR pistols.... Just sayin!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Maybe they would have won if they did. And they did make a lot of 9mm MP40s with wire folding stocks and they didn't have to worry about the NFA regs.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In the long run it seems going the SBR route will be a better end result.

I'm debating on skipping the pistol route. I'll try and get ahold of my buddy's AR pistol and make sure it's not for me before I decide 100% on which one I'm going with.

The other debate is a DD Mk18 upper or BCM 11.5". I know the DD has gas port size issues. I don't plan on running it suppressed but that could be an option some time down the road.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast