Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM vs Badger Ordnance: Anyone know what is really going ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is embarrassing for BCM, I wouldn't even consider Badger Ordnance inferior over priced charging handles, not even in the same league as BCM's... It's puzzling to me why they would actually waste money filing a lawsuit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, like a member on arf.com pointed out, BCM had 3 options:

1) Agree to pay the royalties ($) and agree to never obtaining military contracts for them
    2) Sit back, wait for BO to file a lawsuit and hope they win
    3) File a lawsuit now and get everything cleared up.

I think they went with the latter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    This is embarrassing for BCM, I wouldn't even consider Badger Ordnance inferior over priced charging handles, not even in the same league as BCM's... It's puzzling to me why they would actually waste money filing a lawsuit.

If for some reason BCM couldn't make ambi any more, I wouldn't go to B.O. I would just go back to a standard BCM mod4
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    If for some reason BCM couldn't make ambi any more, I wouldn't go to B.O. I would just go back to a standard BCM mod4
    Yeah, I have a feeling BO is damaging their reputation with their customer base at this point in time. However, that may given pending the outcome of the lawsuit. These are just my initial reactions without much fact or evidence.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This sucks, I'm not a huge fan of the BCM as I find the Mod 4 too pointy for my likes, I was also pinched repeatedly by an early Mod4. I do love the non ambi mod5 and have it on all my non ambi uppers.

I would be very sad to see the raptor go. It is my favorite charging handle by a large margin.

I had a Troy ambi charging handle. I liked it, it neither pinched nor poked me. It did break, I sent it to troy over a year ago, and have not received a replacement. My last conversation was that they were revising it, I take it they were never able to fix the design as its now off their website. Maybe they just gave up because of B O?

The part I am most concerned about it LMT filed a suit and was able to get any company making a monolithic upper to stop (mega machine) regardless of design differences. LMT had a patent on all monolithic AR uppers. Badger Ordinance could there for have a patent on all ambi charging handles.

I'd hate to see the other (all of them better) ambi CH disappear. I really like them for locking the bolt back and doing press checks. Glad to see BCM fighting them, great company and great product.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'll feel free to note that 10 years ago, Badger was the "name" for scope rings, now not as much. It tends to happen when a company produces a similar product but with a better design, or greater options. It's the same for Larue. Still make a great product, but there are a lot of vendors making products that compete on the same level. For the consumer it is great, for the manufacturer, it can be great as is forces them to innovate rather than resting on past notoriety. It does sadden me that a local company would stoop to the level of frivolous claims just because they can't stand the heat.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    BO is more than like harassing BCM to pay royalties. The problem is that BCM already pays royalties to VLTOR. So BO is barking up the wrong tree and BCM is tired of the BS.

So it is NOT embarrassing for BCM in the least. This is how you deal with a bully (punch them in the mouth).

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    BO is more than like harassing BCM to pay royalties. The problem is that BCM already pays royalties to VLTOR. So BO is barking up the wrong tree and BCM is tired of the BS.

So it is NOT embarrassing for BCM in the least. This is how you deal with a bully (punch them in the mouth).

C4
    Which brings up the point I been wondering while reading through this. Vltor owns the patent, right? Shouldn't Badger being sueing, supposing they have a case at all, Vltor and not BCM? Smells me to like something is fishy.

(Sorry if this is been mentioned, am a bit tired and not sure if it has been mentioned.)

On a side note. Used to run a Badger tact latch on one of my rifle before trying the BCM/VLTOR models. Currently own a Mod 3 and Mod 4 CH. They are generations ahead of where the Badger latch is in my opinion. Sturdier, stronger, and they don't feel like you are going to rip the handle out of the rifle or the latch off with the badger design. Have never used an ambi CH though. But if the BCM/Vltor ambi is like the standard model, well then I would imagine it would be solid as well.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

C4
    This. So much this.

Badger Ordnance is filing frivolous suits in an attempt to harass and shakedown better companies for cash. It's nothing more than thuggery and bullying, bordering on patent trolling.

Like Grant said, you punch a bully in the mouth. Good on BCM, and the only one who should be embarrassed here is Badger Ordnance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

C4
    EXACTLY!

BO is the Rainbow Coalition of the firearms industry right now.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast