Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally finished my 6.8 - Now with range report

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @ccoker:
    How do you find the performance of the 120SSTs? I keep reading that they are great bullets by posters around the net, but after reading Xman's bullet testing (on 68forums.com) and a few other reviews, they seem to shed their jacket the second they enter the body and explode lead all over the place inside like a heavy varmint round leading me to shy away from trying them. I am also interested in the TTSXs, but wonder if they would open up enough on a coyote.

@para13cord:

TY!

I've had that scope for a couple of years now and on a few different rifles and I still really like it. Glass is great, reticle is nice and clear and uncluttered. The thick close quarter combat outter circle helps greatly to quickly focus your attention and frame the target. Nice small target dot in the center. Very rugged and well made. Even has the metal caps wired together and onto the side. I'm a bit weird though as I was raised and still prefer 1x magnification for every 100yds you intend to shoot.

I have only 3 possible complaints with it.
    1) It's way too tall to be able to mount and use on any type of traditional rifle, at least using a traditional stock.
    2) Eye relief is on the short side (I think like 2-3/4"?). Not a problem at all with a flat top AR, but again, trying to use it on a traditional rifle will be dificult if not impossible.
    3) Discontinued. I got mine for something like ~$180 plus a discount on the ADM QD mount for something like ~$80? I should've bought at least a few more. Looking at what PA has been offering as it's replacement since it, I am not as impressed.

If you're looking at getting one now, give the Burris AR332 (3x by 32mm), Burris AR536 (5x by 36mm) and/or Vortex Spitfire 3x EBR prism scope a looking into.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-05-14 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    I have fan the 95s pretty much exclusively since before they were publicly released.

They work

There is a hog eradicated on the 68 forums that switched to the 120 SSTs and he says they work better than the Barnes

My few kills with the 120SSTs have been good
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, finally got to go to the range. Had a really in depth range report written up, and realized it's just way too long winded. Therefore, highlights are:

1) Testing out too many things at once is a chore to keep track of!
    2) Forgot how sharp new magazine lips can be, have a good gash on my right thumb...
    3) One bad magazine out of 3 that I brought with me. Failure to feeds and will not lock bolt carrier after last round.
    4) Double check you've sighted in at 50yds before jumping to 100... Don't be dumb like me, think you have, wonder why you're disturbingly high or even off the paper, then realize that you sighted in at 25yds... and then having to start over.
    5) Federal Fusion does not seem to be underpowered.
    6) Always bring more ammo than you think you should.

Best group of the day; 10 shots, fairly rapid fire (no more than 8 seconds apart) with Federal Fusion 115gr MSR.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice work on the rifle. Any day on the range is a good day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12