Thread: Shotgun Breacher Barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shotgun Breacher Barrel

Does the Breacher Barrels require a special round, or can it also safely fire slugs or buckshots. I like the looks of it, but don't know if it's practical. I am not expecting to shoot a lock or doors, but just curious to install one on my 870.

Feedback Score

A very non-technical response:

A special purpose breaching round does not fire shot....rather a fine, powdery form of lead, steel or other metal (zinc). They are made to be fire at near point blank range into a lock or door jam without ricocheting and minimizing risk to persons or property on the other side.

The holes or ports on the "breaching" muzzle break is to prevent the barrel from blowing up from the pressure. Even with the break, direct contact is not recomended.

For most folks, they just look neat. You can fire standard loads through them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for your input, very good information!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

breacher barrels

the cdi factor is high, but unless you are putting rounds into a door, you are better off using the money to have the vang folks bore out your barrel.

you will notice that a lot of breaching stand off devices have teeth. they are there to get a bite into a wooded door and not slip. direct contact is recommended for accurate shot angle and effectiveness.

if you must have one, then go for it. they make a neat little non-lethal bayonet
    Seler * Silens * Mortalis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It might not be what I'm looking for afterall, I wanted something practical to fire slugs or buckshots, perhaps a standard barrel with rifle sights maybe more
    acceptable. Thanks very much for your comments, it helped....