Thread: trade help ! psa upper with spikes melonite barrel ?

Feedback Score

trade help ! psa upper with spikes melonite barrel ?

I'm thinking about trading a guy my g1 Dpms recon 308 for a tc venture 308 with vortex scope, Sig p2022 and a pda upper here's what he says : Psa upper 16in spikes 1/7 melonite barrel midwest Rail claymore muzzle break and counter sniper flip ups i also have a scope mount and 100rds of ammo .. I can't find this combo anywhere and I don't think that's a claymore brake .. could anyone give me some insight ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb772 View Post
    I'm thinking about trading a guy my g1 Dpms recon 308 for a tc venture 308 with vortex scope, Sig p2022 and a pda upper here's what he says : Psa upper 16in spikes 1/7 melonite barrel midwest Rail claymore muzzle break and counter sniper flip ups i also have a scope mount and 100rds of ammo .. I can't find this combo anywhere and I don't think that's a claymore brake .. could anyone give me some insight ?
    Counter Sniper flip ups? Like Sights? Like the Counter Sniper company with those BS scopes with nonsense scope coating? That would concern me. What would also concern me is with it being a PSA upper and Spikes barrel it is 99% a home build. A frankenrifle from parts(actual parts and builders) unknown scare me since they can truly be more trouble than they are worth. Home brewed with a good change of cheapo parts going by the fact he has sights with a pedigree that makes DPMS look good......

That said what do you have in the DPMS .308? The TC Venture might be a decent rifle, though they did have a pretty large recall as I recall(No pun intended), and I would want it to be post recalled or fixed. The Vortex scope depends on which Vortex line it is coming from. Viper sure, Diamondback(? I think that is the chinese line) doesn't trill me), the Sig P2022 is a pretty decent pistol in my opinion and if in good condition would be a nice piece. My mental math break down for the sig and TC is $300 value on the Sig and $250-350 for the TC sans scope, depending on scope model add price accordingly. For the PSA upper.... I would likely be passing on that.

This is all going by what I know, and much of what I don't know in regards to the details of your rifle, and the details of the other guns the guy is trying to trade, condition, if there be issues, and make and model of accessories.

All that is my opinion in a sleepy haze. So take it for what it is worth.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    recons in tip top shape..just got a pair of troy hk style sights ..heres a pic of the upper finally10589934_10202364341141763_806238061_n.jpg10589934_10202364341141763_806238061_n.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only thing worth anything is the MI rail on the PSA upper. honestly between the cheap glass and hokey flip ups you would be better off raiding the latest CTD catalog. I would pass.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Pass. This nothing more than someones assembled garbage.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I can't really asses the trade values of all the items, but I can tell you to pass on that upper. The upper is mostly a bunch of lower quality Mfg. parts that this guy or someone unknown slapped together. That brake is not a Troy "claymore," and the MI rail is probably the only part of any quality on that upper.