Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand Guard Hell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDITED FOR UPDATE: That sale is awesome, I just ordered the Geissele Mark II. That is exactly the feedback I needed, thanks guys!
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 08-01-14 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    I have the MI-SS G2 12" on my A4, and have used it in a bunch of cross country run 'n gun competitions, so it has been through a lot of miles getting carried, beat around through trees and rocks, over and under obstacles, etc., and has even fallen over/been dropped a time or two, and it has held up great. I'd say it would work fine for the purpose the OP stated. I love the super slim profile. I like it well enough that I put a 9" one on my LW middy that I finished this week. I saw that they have the SSK Keymod version now, but I opted for the G2 because I like how it comes with a push button QD socket rail section that you can put wherever you want, whereas the SSK has built-in QD sockets that aren't where I want them, which would require spending more money on a Keymod QD socket. Keymod doesn't really do much for me because the only things I put on the handguard are a sling swivel and a light. YMMV.
    Last edited by henschman; 08-01-14 at 14:25.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    MI looks like a good rail too. I ended up ordering the Geiselle, since it was on sale and I already have dark earth Duracoat for the parts I need to re-color.

As an aside, I got my Bravo Company BCG in the mail today. That thing looks absolutely amazing- without even taking it out of the bag, I could tell it was a better product. I might have to get a second one to replace the bolt in my YHM upper.

Feedback Score

MI Gen2 Keymod, 10.5" version on 11.5" barrel. Strong light and has what you want.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sevenh: Have you considered the Ranier Arms Force, 12" version? https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=4277
    Seems to meet your specs; light, multiple built in QD points, Keymod, etc. Would need a can of spray paint for the color you want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What, no love for the Fortis REV? Rock solid, offered in FDE, has picatinny and Keymod, light as all get out and affordable. The Geiselle is super nice, but a little heavy and after handling and installing both on a number of rifles, I don't see the Geiselle having any real major advantages. Plus, the REV mounts to a standard mil-spec barrel nut which is a MAJOR plus in my book. Proprietary anything can lead to problems down the road. Just look at Dell computers.
    Last edited by Shao; 08-02-14 at 06:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love my Fortis REV. Beautiful and solid.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darbn View Post
    I love my Fortis REV. Beautiful and solid.
    Not to mention, since the OP wants to build a SPR type weapon, the bottom rail on the Fortis would make mounting a bipod an easier proposition.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    For an SPR you want a more solid rail than the fortis. There is a recent thread here with people having issues with the fortis rail moving. You need to be able to trust the rail to stay absolutely solid on a spr especially if you intend to use a peq on it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My REV has held steady after a huge number of rounds - I had I no idea people were having issues with them. All of the problems I've seen people having seem to come from TOS. Could it be that they're not installing them correctly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast