Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 66-2 how much?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XDfense View Post
    Here in Georgia that is a fair price. I see rough ones going for $550 plus. I've actually been on the hunt for a 66-2 with the 2.5" barrel and you'd be shocked to see the asking prices.
    I have a great condition 66-1 with the 2.5" barrel and the somewhat limited Hogue and S&W grips (6rd .357 Mag) that I've actually had valued pretty high. I like the gun but don't really have much use for it anymore, and am looking to trade for a G19 in good condition with some mags or accessories. If you're interested let me know before I post it in the EE.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Don't be confused the brand new "reintroduced" model 66 with the 4.25" barrel with the classic Combat Magnum model 66 of the bygone era. The barrel on the new one has a sleeve around it unlike the original one piece barrel. There are other differences but the barrel is the most obvious one. I prefer the old school 66, especially the snubby.

Absolutely, the classic lines are gone from the re-introduced 66's, they have lost a considerable amount of their allure, the 66-7 spearheaded the evolution to the two piece barrels, with the sight ramps being chopped to half or so of their traditional length, the result being that the look and lines of the revolver are lost....They have no soul....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali View Post
    Absolutely, the classic lines are gone from the re-introduced 66's, they have lost a considerable amount of their allure, the 66-7 spearheaded the evolution to the two piece barrels, with the sight ramps being chopped to half or so of their traditional length, the result being that the look and lines of the revolver are lost....They have no soul....
    Indeed. I'm a big fan of the model 19 myself. They're like the perfect revolver to me, they have everything, not too big, not too small, great balance, great sights, great trigger pull, solid and reliable gun chambered in .357 magnum. You'd be hard pressed to make a finer revolver than a pinned and recessed 2 1/2 inch round butt model 19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12