I am looking for a single output 1 battery EDC light. I have a small Streamlight that I use for administrative tasks, so I don't need a low power option. It is to be carried in my pocket, so a pocket clip is a must. Want to also be able to use it in conjunction with a pistol.

Any recommendations between the Malkoff MDC-SHO or the Elzetta Alpha? I like how the Elzetta is modular and has no clicky switch. Also, the tailcap button is not shrouded, so you can more easily activate with the Rogers hold. However, I am hearing the pocket speed clip that Elzetta has is weak. That said, maybe the Raven Concealment flashlight ring/clip will work with the Alpha as another option.

The Malkoff looks to be a more trim package, so will probably be easier to carry. It has a strong pocket clip. However, the tailcap button is shrouded, so I'm not sure how well that works with certain pistol-flashlight techniques. It also has a clicky tailcap, which I'm not too crazy about, but can tolerate as long as it doesn't go to constant on too easily.

Thanks for any feedback/advice.