Thread: Oakley 8" Si Gatling boot

Feedback Score

Oakley 8" Si Gatling boot

I am going Iraq this fall and I recenlty discovered Oakleys Mil website. I am already ording some stuff and thought I would try out their boots. I have already read the other posts some of their boots but I have not seen these ones. I know they are not supposed to be that durable. But with that being said the boots are barly going to see "hard use" but their will be a ton of standing and walking so I want somthing comfortable. Any experience with these ones in particular?

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/P...ail.cfm?id=125

I already wear Danners, Belleville, Bates. I am not interested in any other boots I want to try the Oakleys for my self I am just wondering which of them would be best for me. Thanks

Feedback Score

Lightbulb The Germans build good stuff, Meindl

At that price, you have other options. I would be hesitant. If your comfort is important and you don't mind spending more? Check out the Meindl Desert Boot. Your feet will thank you.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Gatling boots have only been on Oakley's SI site for a couple of months now. For the price of those boots I picked up a pair of Rocky's S2V boots in sage for my ABUs. The S2V boots are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn (comparable, if not better than, my normal Oakley boots).

I know I didn't add much info to answer your question but I don't think you'll find too much info on the Gatling boots right now since they're so new. If you end up getting them post a review here for us though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer10 View Post
    The Gatling boots have only been on Oakley's SI site for a couple of months now. For the price of those boots I picked up a pair of Rocky's S2V boots in sage for my ABUs. The S2V boots are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn (comparable, if not better than, my normal Oakley boots).

I know I didn't add much info to answer your question but I don't think you'll find too much info on the Gatling boots right now since they're so new. If you end up getting them post a review here for us though.
    Thanks for the info I have looked at the Rocky's many times and I bought the Danner Sage boots for my ABU's instead. Shame I cannot wear them in the AOR. My only gripe about my Danner boots is the toe box area seems a little tight and I do not have wide feet. I will post a review on my boot choice when I return. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer10 View Post
    The S2V boots are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn (comparable, if not better than, my normal Oakley boots).
    well you talked me into the S2V boots desert. I ordered them today, they just seem like quality boot that will serve my purpose.