Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your summer IWB holster?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

What is your summer IWB holster?

I rocked a J frame in my front pocket forever, but recently switched back to my G26. The holster I have is a typical kydex, sling metal clip holster from a LGS.

I just ordered a new belt from Beltman and want to get a solid holster that is secure but doesn't print terribly in shorts and a t-shirt. I've tried on a buddy's Crossbreed Supertuck and I felt like I was wearing a battle belt. Way too bulky for someone like me with a thin waist.

I'm looking at holsters like the Comp-tac Infidel and GCode Incog (without mag caddy, single clip).

What do you use when you're rocking a polo (With all the LEOs and .mil on here I know some of you are rocking a polo as you read this) and how does it work for you? How thinly can you dress before it prints?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why do you think you need IWB to conceal with a polo? X Concealment OWB every day for me in South Florida.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I rocked a J frame in my front pocket forever, but recently switched back to my G26. The holster I have is a typical kydex, sling metal clip holster from a LGS.

I just ordered a new belt from Beltman and want to get a solid holster that is secure but doesn't print terribly in shorts and a t-shirt. I've tried on a buddy's Crossbreed Supertuck and I felt like I was wearing a battle belt. Way too bulky for someone like me with a thin waist.

I'm looking at holsters like the Comp-tac Infidel and GCode Incog (without mag caddy, single clip).

What do you use when you're rocking a polo (With all the LEOs and .mil on here I know some of you are rocking a polo as you read this) and how does it work for you? How thinly can you dress before it prints?
    When I carried a G26 I used this holster with the single HD clip:

http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thunder-solo/

Very easy to slip on and off and held the firearm securely. It's on the borderline r.e. weight being spread well with just the one belt clip though for all day wear. I do like to add a little moleskin to the sweat shield area for summertime wear in sub-tropical humidity, but otherwise is a good holster.

I'm a bigger fan of the GI Silent Thunder Fusion but that has two clips and doesn't sound like what you're looking for at the moment.

Feedback Score
    I carry either a Shield or P2000 in kydex by ZCS (w/Compac clips) year round. Either are fine with a polo or t-shirt and shorts.
    Last edited by gunnut284; 08-05-14 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Raven Phantom with DIY Holster IWB overhooks: http://www.shopdiyholster.com/iwb-overhooks/
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brommeland Max Con V provided maximum discretion when I carried a G17.

I don't get this summer/winter dichotomy. I don't have summer or winter guns or holsters.

I've easily and routinely concealed G17s and 4" K frames in summer using both IWB and OWB holsters. And yes, it does get hot and humid in Ohio.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I carry a G19 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB. Conceals great, even under a T-shirt.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC every day, with a polo and jeans for work attire. Year-round comfort, summer and winter.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Pocket carry year round a 642 in one of these:

http://www.rkbaholsters.com/pocketcarry.html

Steve's pocket holsters are the shizz.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I carry either a G19 or Shield in a JM Custom Kydex IWB3. Well worth the wait as his shipping time is currently 9-10 weeks. I have an IWB3 and OWB2 for a VP9 on order now.

Currently using a Garrett Silent Thunder for the VP9 and I don't really care for the holster despite the positive reviews I read before ordering it. To me, it rides too low as my waistband is higher than the mouth of the holster and there isn't a way to adjust the ride height to fix it. Also, it has kydex belt clips which are generally prone to breaking. I ordered two extra clips when I bought the holster. No signs of cracking on the clips so they may last a while. I will say shipping was fast which was my main reason for ordering it. It's a good holster but I'm spoiled on JM.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    G17 in a Keeper or JM Custom AIWB.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast