Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACR current status?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

ACR current status?

So I haven't been paying any attention to the Bushmaster (windham..or whatever they are called nowadays) ACR, but I got curious...

So its 2014..almost 2015, has the ACR been offered with a 300blk barrel? I'm assuming not, since my only google findings are of guys that are taking regular AR barrels and retro fitting them with all the ACR parts.

Is this platform pretty much done? (if so, its sad because it had potential)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think that was a platform that pretty much died right out of the gate due it being left to Shrubmaster. It had potential, but never had the support it needed. Did they ever even produce the 6.8 barrels that were advertised when it first came out?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is dead for all intents and purposes. Aftermarket support is nonexistent and while every year at SHOT it seems that they tease everyone with conversion kits I don't know of one that has made it to the market to be purchased. The concept was great when Magpul came up with it but it has been so poorly handled that it at this point I don't even consider it a viable combat rifle option. If they would remove head from ass, finish refining the design, offer more barrel options/twist rate/support/conversions, then I think it could be something as of now.... send flowers and my regards to the family of the deceased.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Any word on whether or not the Remington version will come to the civilian market?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Any word on whether or not the Remington version will come to the civilian market?
    From what I have heard no, Bushmaster is the only line for the civilian market for the ACR. Which is sad since the Remington version does feature things that most here would want, IE 1/7 twist barrel and lighter weight receiver, though I am not sure if overall quality would be any better.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I'm a fan of the ACR. I know it's tainted by the bushmaster name but for the most part they have been solid rifles. Having had both a ACR and a Scar I prefer the ACR every time besides weight. But send a good DD or BCM barrel to Marvin Pitts and that will help out a lot with the weight factor, and you'll have a better barrel anyways.

The lack of factory support has sucked, however after market guys are coming up with some awesome stuff for the ACR. it's easy to have a good AR barrel converted for the ACR, and aftermarket Alloy lowers, and AK Magazine compatible Lowers are coming out as well. There is conversion barrels available from bushmaster, but no 300BLK just yet.

www.acrforum.com is an excellent resource.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I'm a fan of the ACR. I know it's tainted by the bushmaster name but for the most part they have been solid rifles. Having had both a ACR and a Scar I prefer the ACR every time besides weight. But send a good DD or BCM barrel to Marvin Pitts and that will help out a lot with the weight factor, and you'll have a better barrel anyways.

The lack of factory support has sucked, however after market guys are coming up with some awesome stuff for the ACR. it's easy to have a good AR barrel converted for the ACR, and aftermarket Alloy lowers, and AK Magazine compatible Lowers are coming out as well. There is conversion barrels available from bushmaster, but no 300BLK just yet.

www.acrforum.com is an excellent resource.
    Can you summarize the latest developments for the ACR?
    Last edited by Koshinn; 11-02-14 at 18:03.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I wouldn't even buy a remington ACR, Travis Haley had his hands on a REMINGTON ACR and reported the rifle was basically junk and said he much prefered the SCAR...

Feedback Score
    Travis had an early Remington Acr IIRC. The one in all of his pics was the equivalent to a Enhanced Acr which means it was an early prototype. No magnesium lower or lightweight rails either.

That being said, the new developments for the Acr are going to come from Marvin Pitts unless BM would pull their heads from their asses... Marvin is looking to upgrade the lower to one that uses AR grips and already converts Ar barrels to work with the Acr.

As far as 300blk, I'm one of the few with a SBR setup that works.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'll echo what bigdog is saying. The support will come from the aftermarket until Remington gets it together. They're too busy trying to sell ARs. I was a huge fan of the ACR with conversion kits in 5.56x45 (1/7"), 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 Russian. My rifle worked great with the other calibers. Magazines were problematic until sorted but that's easy enough.

Lately, I've been considering getting back into the ACR. I enjoyed the rifle and the ACR community.

SamM

EDIT: Added a picture of my ACR with the 7.62x39 conversion installed.
    Last edited by SamM; 11-06-14 at 06:57. Reason: Added a picture

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast