Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handl SCAR 17 stock adapter

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Handl SCAR 17 stock adapter

So a good friend of mine just sent me a link for the Handl stock adapter and I just want to get input from those of you with high round counts or full auto experience with the SCAR platform. Is this something justifiable or is it more of a solution looking for a problem with an elitist price tag?? I'm leaning toward the ladder.....thanks in advance.

I did a brief search on here and didn't come up with anything if this has been covered I apologize.

http://handldefense.com/product/scar-stock-hinge/

S/F,

Nick
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    Two issues. It's $180-$200, and they claim it improves accuracy...of course.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After 3 years, countless courses and training days...I have had no issues with the factory stock assy on my SCAR 16.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Having seen broken latch interfaces and hinge areas, I would welcome any metal replacement. I would rather have the Vltor stock adapter though. SCAR stock is opposite of awesome, if the mechanism was smooth and durable like HK or SAN it might make me feel differently. As it is, I would swap mine for the Vltor if I owned one.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maybe Fox33 / klrb929 can provide some more information. He's around here sometimes and works with / for / advises Handl.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Having seen broken latch interfaces and hinge areas, I would welcome any metal replacement. I would rather have the Vltor stock adapter though. SCAR stock is opposite of awesome, if the mechanism was smooth and durable like HK or SAN it might make me feel differently. As it is, I would swap mine for the Vltor if I owned one.
    Does vltor offer just the latch itself or do you have to buy the whole stock adapter..
    Last edited by DiabhailGadhar; 08-07-14 at 20:08.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabhailGadhar View Post
    Does vltor offer just the latch itself or do you have to buy the whole stock adapter..
    The VLTOR adapter does not fold, no latch is required.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here is another adaptor to put AR stocks on the SCAR.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17...f-machine.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    $200 is too much for something that is likely not a problem. If it were $100, maybe, and only for the 17s not the 16.

And I would not be interested in eliminating the folding stock mechanism. Even though I live in CA the change is easily reversed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    $200 is too much for something that is likely not a problem. If it were $100, maybe, and only for the 17s not the 16.

And I would not be interested in eliminating the folding stock mechanism. Even though I live in CA the change is easily reversed.
    Except it is a problem. The SCAR folding stock mechanism is a weak link in the system. The whole stock is bad. It is made of cheap plastic. The hinge and latch break as does the plate that attaches to the receiver. The LOP adjustment button is terrible in dusty conditions.

The MK17 has a lot going for it. It does a somethings that the M4 does not, chiefly, it shoots .308s really accurately. If I ever carried one again it would certainly get the metal Vltor adapter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast