Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire X300 DG switch questions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Surefire X300 DG switch questions

I have 2 questions about the Surefire DG switch for the X300 series of WMLs...

1. Are the switches flexible at all? The reason is on my Glocks, I have the trigger guard undercut where it meets the frontstrap for a higher grip. Not sure if this would cause the DG switch to not fit well where it meets the frontstrap.

2. For those running holsters like the RCS Phantom LC, any issues with the pistol and light not fitting properly with the DG switch, if the holster wasn't originally ordered with the DG switch specified?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Switches are stiff, not soft and flexible. In my experience (I know, I sound like an LT), the couple of holsters I have, it fit ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. So it sounds like if you have an undercut triggerguard, there could be a bit of a gap between the bottom rear of the triggerguard and the switch?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Switches are stiff, not soft and flexible. In my experience (I know, I sound like an LT), the couple of holsters I have, it fit ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hey now.

OP - I also have an undercut trigger guard on my Glock. I push the switch up to fill the gap and it'll stay for a while, but not for good. It's nowhere close to causing any damage or anything so go for it. I debated for a while and wish I had gotten one earlier. I can't answer #2 but I'm sure RCS would respond if you contacted them.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My recent RCS holsters the last couple of years all clear my DG switch. It is an easy mod with a heat gun if it doesn't. I bend my DG switches very carefully to fit better, they seem to be made of spring steel so there is some give but not lots!

Good luck!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1. I believe this will boil down to personal preference thing, in reference to how it feels. It will not fit as well as if it was stock, because it is not. I have not had luck in bending, I do not want to be to aggressive and damage the wiring. I have used mine on several models it was not intended for, and I don't really have a problem with it. I have found that because they are spring steel they do flex slightly to fill the gap, and do not prevent a good grip, and have not noticed any negative effects of shooting with vs with out it. But I know some that have tried mine on the model it was intended to be used on, and said they didn't like the feel, and preferred to use the rocker switch. As a matter of fact the reason I went with Surefire is because they offered the DG Switch option.

2. Don't know

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As to your first question, it depends on how much you undercut the trigger guard. There is a small amount of flex as others have stated.

All the Raven holsters I have for WML fit fine with the DG switch installed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have glock 19s and 17s with dg switches and no issues with rcs holster fit.

On the retention side there are more issues, I have an ALS "concealment" holster that the dg on a glock fits fine with but my 6360 is too tight for the glock and dg switch.
    DVC
    ABS : Cars = CTC Lasers : Pistols

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET20_GINSU View Post
    I have glock 19s and 17s with dg switches and no issues with rcs holster fit.

On the retention side there are more issues, I have an ALS "concealment" holster that the dg on a glock fits fine with but my 6360 is too tight for the glock and dg switch.
    This, though I was able to mod my duty holster to fit just fine with the DG.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I'm gonna have to try out the switch. I actually was fine with the rocker switch for years. Until recently, where it suddenly dawned on me that I may have to activate the light with only one hand.

My triggerguard isn't undercut too much. Just enough to notice a difference in allowing a higher grip and avoiding Glock knuckle. Hopefully the switch still allows somewhat of a higher grip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast