Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire X300 DG switch questions

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I'm gonna have to try out the switch. I actually was fine with the rocker switch for years. Until recently, where it suddenly dawned on me that I may have to activate the light with only one hand.

My triggerguard isn't undercut too much. Just enough to notice a difference in allowing a higher grip and avoiding Glock knuckle. Hopefully the switch still allows somewhat of a higher grip.
    I also thought that the switch was going to negate the effects of the undercut but it turned out to be barely noticeable for me. I actually ran it for the first time in a class, expecting my accuracy and comfort with it to have dropped a little but I don't think it did at all.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I'm gonna have to try out the switch. I actually was fine with the rocker switch for years. Until recently, where it suddenly dawned on me that I may have to activate the light with only one hand.

My triggerguard isn't undercut too much. Just enough to notice a difference in allowing a higher grip and avoiding Glock knuckle. Hopefully the switch still allows somewhat of a higher grip.
    LA Police Gear has them on Sale now, I may just pickup another one as well.

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    If you undercut, or sand off the finger notches, there is a certain amount of space between the back of the switch and the front of the grip. It'll come on when you grab it, but it may waver as your grip wavers. At least for me, I have to grip quite hard in order to activate the light. I guess that may be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how you think of it. It's a lot harder to accidentally activate the light. I still think it's worth it, but your mileage may very.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    If you undercut, or sand off the finger notches, there is a certain amount of space between the back of the switch and the front of the grip. It'll come on when you grab it, but it may waver as your grip wavers. At least for me, I have to grip quite hard in order to activate the light. I guess that may be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how you think of it. It's a lot harder to accidentally activate the light. I still think it's worth it, but your mileage may very.
    I didn't have this issue, I'm sure it just depends where and how much material is taken off.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjxds View Post
    LA Police Gear has them on Sale now, I may just pickup another one as well.
    DG Switches? I only see them for $77.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12