Thread: 1 Day Practical Pistol Course

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1 Day Practical Pistol Course

This is going to be a 1 day pistol course at Echo Valley Training Center in WV. We'll start slow with a focus on the basics of:

Gun handling
    Stance
    Grip
    Draw
    Sight alignment
    Trigger control

After lunch move into the

Quick draw
    Speed shooting
    Multiple targets
    Shooting on the move
    And more

For this course you are going to need the following:

Gun
    Holster
    3 Magazine
    2 Magazine pouches
    500rds of ammo
    Eye protection
    Ear protection
    Good attitude

Fees are $250 for the day which covers targets, range fees, etc (no hidden costs). Tell your friends or anyone else whom you think might be interested in this class. And if you need guns / gear / ammo then I can get it for you at a good price.
    Last edited by Moltke; 09-08-14 at 13:19.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    Got a couple possible interested people here. Are you with a company or organization? Highview isn't too far from us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve333 View Post
    Got a couple possible interested people here. Are you with a company or organization? Highview isn't too far from us.
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I was at a 3 Gun Nation Championship over the weekend and limited access to the web.

I'm not with any company or organization for this shooting course and will be teaching my own curriculum. It's based on what I have learned in the many tactical and competition shooting classes that I've taken in the past few years - focused on shooting a pistol to the limit of its mechanical accuracy, and then maintaining a reasonably high accuracy requirement while at high speed. The class is going to start slow, be very technique driven, force high standards, and make shooters push themselves. It will include live fire, dry fire, movement, and thought. For a new shooter its quite a bit to cover and very demanding, for a mid-level shooter with it will help smooth out bumps and probably show you some new potential in yourself.

Even though I take concepts from competition shooting this is a not a class on competition shooting, or for that matter tactical shooting. This is about good shooting, Mastering fundamentals, and pushing the limit of your body's potential to drive a gun hard.

Did I answer your question?
    Last edited by Moltke; 08-19-14 at 12:02.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    You did and thanks for that by the way. I'll talk with the other guys and will be in touch if we can work out the schedules.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Updated with a timeline!

Come prepared for a long day with very little downtime. You will get your money's worth

0800 - Range Briefing

0830 - Marksmanship
    (Stance, Grip, Sight Alignment, Trigger Control, & Focus)

1130 - Lunch

1200 - Speed Shooting
    (Draw, Multiple Rounds, Multiple Targets, Reloads, Movement, Shooting on the Move)

1500 - Unconventional Shooting
    (Strong/Weak, Barricades, Ports/Windows, Prone)

1600 - My Favorite Drills
    (Mix of high accuracy, high speed, and movement)
    Last edited by Moltke; 09-08-14 at 15:56.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To answer a question received on facebook - "How new shooter can attend the course?"

If you describe yourself as a new shooter then we need to talk because there is a point at which too new a shooter will hold this class back. No offense but everyone who attends needs to understand gun safety, gun handling, loading, unloading, and general operation of the firearm to include basic sight alignment and trigger control. You should at least be to the point where you can shoot some kind of group on paper, even if it sucks, and doing all the gun handling yourself, while being comfortable with it and not have to be babied through the day. Knowing English would also be nice but that is another issue.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Class is full, registration closed.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear