Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compact .380 - Smith, Ruger or Kahr?

Feedback Score

Compact .380 - Smith, Ruger or Kahr?

Looking for a super compact .380 for a backup gun. Something thinner, smaller and lighter than a Air-weight j frame 442, with better sights. Looking at the Kahr Cw380, M&P Bodyguard w/o the safety and the Ruger LCP custom. What is the consensus on these pistols?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    Looking for a super compact .380 for a backup gun. Something thinner, smaller and lighter than a Air-weight j frame 442, with better sights. Looking at the Kahr Cw380, M&P Bodyguard w/o the safety and the Ruger LCP custom. What is the consensus on these pistols?
    If forcibly limited to those three options, the LCP. Otherwise, a G42.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I second ST911's recommendations. I am not a big fan of the LCP, but that is what I would choose out of your listed choices.

I prefer the G42 over your three choices and like it well enough that I bought one for the wife to carry.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have both the LCP & the M&P BG. The M&P is my carry gun. The sights on the M&P are, IMO, far superior to the LCP and they're adjustable/removable. The M&P is also DAO, which I prefer to the SA LCP. Size & feel is about the same for both. Trigger on the LCP may be a tad lighter than the M&P but still heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    None of the above. I honestly can't think of a valid, compelling reason to carry a pocket .380. J frame, or carry a 9mm single stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know about the Smith, but I know about the LCP and the Kahr. LCP over Kahr by a wide, wide margin, the widest possible margin.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Another person in the G42 camp here, but out of those choices the LCP by a wide margin. I had one for a while and only got rid of it when I got a 42. Very easy to hide and carry.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    You cannot shoot an M&P380/Bodyguard with a proper high grip, as the slide will bite. The LCP, on the other hand, allows for proper grip and has low recoil. From your list, that'd be my recommendation, the LCP.
    That said, I'd take the Glock 42. Better yet, the Glock 43. Even better, the M&P Shield.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    Looking for a super compact .380 for a backup gun.
    Of those you mentioned, I like the Bodyguard. (I've fired all but the Kahr) However reliability can be sketchy. My buddy has one that runs great and he put XS Big Dot sights on it and it's a perfect match for the gun.

It's a good choice if yours works, but the sights have to be changed, they are very small.

The Glock 42 is bigger than the other guns you mentioned and weighs more.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-14-16 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    Why isn't the 42 in your list? Best 380 imho.

Sent from my SM-G920V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast